Yes, you heard me correctly. Vegan Milk and Cereal Cake. I had this crazy idea to make a cake where the batter was filled with cereal and instead of frosting, I would use coconut milk whipped cream to give you the flavors of eating milk and cereal in cake form. Would this work? Does this work? Damn right it does. Not only does this work, it is amazing. You can use whatever kind of cereal you want, just make sure it is vegan. …
These vegan and gluten free monster cookie bars are the ultimate indulgence without all the guilt! I have been dreaming of monster cookies for sometime now, and just realized all the different brands of vegan chocolate candies coming out that are very reminiscent of M&M’s. So, I feel like they are pretty readily available. I found some at Whole Foods, Lucky’s and Earth Fare. I am sure there are many others, and I will give you some links at the bottom for where you can purchase some online. If that is all too much, you can pick whatever vegan chocolates you would like!…
There are an overwhelming amount of birthdays in my family in March. I wanted to find some way to honor them, something totally amazing to show some love. These vegan birthday cake ice cream sandwiches definitely do the trick! Cake batter ice cream is my favorite, there is a local old school soda fountain that has amazing vegan ice cream, and I love their cake batter ice cream. I was thinking I would make it easy by creating a no churn ice cream, and then make it even better by turning it into a sandwich!…
On Valentine’s day, my mother in law took our daughter out to eat so that my husband and I could have a few minutes alone, which is pretty rare. She took our daughter to Dairy Queen for ice cream after they ate, and she came home eating her ice cream. It got me thinking about how much I loved Buster Bars when I was a kid. I can imagine by now you can pick up on my thought process. No non vegan food will hold me back. I shall make it vegan and I shall make it vegan immediately. So, you are welcome for these Vegan Buster Bars. …
Carrot cake is amazing. I feel like we can all agree. Yes? Yes. Now that that is out of the way, let us talk about the best carrot cake type dessert I have ever tasted. These vegan carrot cake cheesecake bars. They are wonderful, and make me so happy! My daughter is a vegetarian, not vegan, so she eats eggs and dairy, and is free to taste many samples when we go to the store. She is a big fan of Costco on Sundays when they have a million samples. They had carrot cake the other day, and she ate two samples. I had to put a fake mustache on to get back in line(jk). Which got me thinking about how amazing carrot cake is….
Guys, I was sick for like 3 or 4 months straight, seriously. I got bronchitis in October, and was sick pretty much until January. My kid was sick most of that time, oh lordy…it was a disaster up in here. I got a bit better in December, and thought I was fine. I went to New York City in December while I was feeling better, only to get really really sick again while I was in New York. My brother and I had brunch at Tipsy Parson, and I decided since I was starting to not feel great, I would partake of one of their winter drinks, because I knew it would help. So, I had their Hot Toddy! It was so delicious, I have had many Hot Toddies in my day, but this one was amazing. I actually felt better the remainder of that day! We went all over the place, I had energy, I had pizzazz! Then the next day, I crashed and had to go to the doctor, but that one Hot Toddy let me have one epic day!
So, I was talking to a lot of my friends the other day at a friend get together, and we talked about how we had all been sick for a long time. It seems like everyone I know has been sick this winter. I mentioned that Hot Toddies really helped me. One of my friends said she had done the same thing, and that a Hot Toddy saved her life.
So, here we are my friends(irl friends and internet friends alike), I made you all this vegan Hot Toddy cake! It is a tea infused spice cake with a whiskey, agave and lemon glaze and a whiskey icing! It is totally amazing! It may not have the same impact at drinking a Hot Toddy while you are sick, but I promise you won’t regret the decision to consume this perfect cake!
It is really easy to make, and really easy to eat! This is the perfect thing to bake before winter is over, and since we just got another cold blast in the East, you have plenty of time to chow down on some Hot Toddy cake this weekend!I hope you enjoy!
- 1 C. Almond milk
- 2 Black tea bags
- 1 C. Vegan butter, I use Earth Balance
- 1 1/4 C. Brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp. Flax meal
- 6 Tbsp. Water
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 C. All purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Cloves
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 6 Tbsp. Whiskey
- 2 Tbsp. Agave
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 C. Powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Whiskey
- 1 Tbsp. Almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the almond milk in the microwave for about 1 minute so it is nice and hot.
- Add the tea bags to the milk and let steep for about 10 minutes while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the vegan butter and brown sugar until nice and fluffy.
- In a small bowl combine the flax and water to make flax eggs. Set aside and let thicken for a minute.
- Add the flax eggs and vanilla to the butter mixture, and beat together again, until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl sift together all the dry ingredients, the flour, spices and baking soda and powder.
- Once the tea has steeped in the milk for about 10 minutes, remove the tea bags.
- Start adding the dry ingredients and the tea milk to the wet ingredients. Alternating until everything has been incorporated.
- Add the batter to a bundt pan prepared with non stick spray and flour.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- Test to see if it the cake is done with a toothpick.
- While the cake cools, make the syrup, add all the syrup ingredients to a sauce pan, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Once the cake is cool, flip out onto a serving plate, poke a bunch of small holes in the top with a tooth pick, and pour the syrup over. Let absorb for a few minutes.
- Then whisk together the icing ingredients and drizzle over the top.