Ahh, yes. November has arrived. My favorite month for all the cozy soups. This vegan creamy tortellini vegetable soup is the coziest, most delicious and easiest soup! A few weeks ago, I posted a recipe for homemade vegan tortellini, and I wanted to show you another way to use it. You can also use store bought vegan tortellini, I recommend the Kite Hill brand. This simple hearty soup features, kale and carrots, but you can use any veggies you want.
What You Need For This Cozy Pot of Soup:
- Olive Oil: To start off the soup.
- Onion and Garlic: All good soups start with some fragrant onions and garlic.
- Thyme, Basil and Oregano: Season this soup beautifully.
- Tomato Paste: Gives the soup a light tomato flavor and a bit of sweetness and tanginess.
- Carrots and Kale: These are the veggies I chose for the soup.
- White Wine: For some nice acid and flavor.
- Vegetable Broth and Non-dairy Milk: To make the broth for the soup. I recommend coconut milk for extra creaminess or oat milk if you don’t want to use coconut.
- Vegan Parmesan: I used Violife.
- Vegan Tortellini: I recommend making my Vegan Tortellini or buying Kite Hill brand tortellini.
I have to be honest, every time I make this vegan creamy tortellini vegetable soup I always have to go back for a second bowl. It has even started getting chilly here in Florida and I am all about it. Snuggle up with some comfy blankets, a movie and a big bowl of this soup. Top with some grated vegan Parmesan and serve with some crusty bread. It is so so so perfect!
Why Should You Make This Comforting Meal?
- It’s simple and can be customized very easily.
- Everyone will absolutely love it.
- Hearty and comforting, but still pretty healthy.
- The tortellini can be cooked right in the soup.
- It tastes like heaven.
Vegan Creamy Tortellini Vegetable Soup
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/2 a Sweet onion, diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme, just the leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon Dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato paste
- 3 large Carrots, chopped
- 1/3 Cup Sweet white wine, vegan (I used Pinot Grigio)
- 6 Cups Vegetable broth
- 1 Cup Full fat coconut milk or extra creamy oat milk
- 4-5 Cups Kale, chopped
- 1/3 Cup Vegan Parmesan, I used Violife
- 9-10 Ounces Vegan Tortellini, homemade* or store bought
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil on medium high in a large soup pot.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté, reducing heat as needed until the onions are translucent. About 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the thyme, basil, oregano and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Now, add the tomato paste and stir it into the onions and garlic. Sauté for a minute.
- Next add the carrots and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the wine, and stir to combine everything. Reduce heat to medium low and let simmer until the wine has mostly been absorbed. About 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the vegetable broth and coconut or oat milk. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. And stir to combine everything. Bring to a simmer.
- Now, add in the kale and the tortellini. Stir to combine and simmer until the tortellini are tender. About 4-5 minutes or check your package for timing.
- Add the vegan Parmesan and another pinch of salt.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. I always need more salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with extra vegan Parm and crusty bread if desired.