This vegan cinnamon raisin banana French toast is one of the best breakfasts I’ve ever had. I used my HOMEMADE CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD for this recipe. Then soaked the slices in a banana cinnamon custard. Browned in a pan with some vegan butter. Topped with maple syrup or vegan honey. I’m not sure it gets better than this. It is truly restaurant worthy. You can of course use store bought cinnamon raisin bread, but man, is this fresh, homemade bread incredible.
What You Need For This Plant-Based French Toast:
- Vegan Cinnamon Raisin Bread: HOMEMADE or store bought.
- Oat Milk: Or your favorite plant milk.
- Banana: A nice ripe banana.
- Cornstarch: To thicken the custard a bit more.
- Vanilla, Cinnamon and Cane Sugar: For seasoning the custard.
- Vegan Butter: I used Country Crock Plant Butter to cook the French toast.
There is just something so good about the combination of cinnamon, raisins and bananas. Making this vegan cinnamon raisin banana French toast perfect. This French toast recipe is super simple. The custard is made entirely in a blender. Then you just soak your slices of bread in the custard. Cook the French toast in a non-stick pan. Then enjoy! It’s fast, tasty and has some vitamins from the banana.
Why Should You Make This Fun Breakfast?
- It is probably the best French toast I have ever had.
- Cinnamon, raisins and bananas go suuuuppppper well together.
- Sweet, but not too sweet.
- Easy to make and easier to eat.
- Can be made with homemade or store bought bread.
If you love sweet bread, try my VEGAN APPLE PIE BREAD!
Vegan Cinnamon Raisin Banana French Toast
- If you are using the homemade bread, cut into about 1/2 inch slices. Set aside.
- In a blender, add the banana, non-dairy milk, cornstarch, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Blend until completely smooth. Pour into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Put a slice of the cinnamon raisin bread into the banana mixture. Let the bread soak up the liquid for a minute. Repeat with another slice. I like to do two at a time.
- Heat the vegan butter on medium high in a large non-stick skillet. Once it has melted, add the two slices of French toast to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Repeat with all of the bread, doing two at a time.
- Serve immediately topped with maple syrup or vegan honey!