This is truly the best vegan cinnamon raisin bread! I used golden raisins for this super fluffy bread. Then put a perfect swirl of cinnamon into the center. I have had lots of store bought cinnamon raisin bread in my life and nothing compares to this fresh homemade version. Toast it and slather it with vegan butter or cream cheese. Or make this incredible VEGAN CINNAMON RAISIN BANANA FRENCH TOAST. Anyway you slice it(see what I did there?), it will be seriously delicious. This bread is fun to make, quite easy if you are a beginner with bread making and totally worth the time.
What You Need For This Dairy and Egg Free Bread:
- Non-dairy Milk and Water: Both warmed up.
- Active Dry Yeast: You’ll need 2 packets to make these two loaves.
- Applesauce: This is our egg replacer for this recipe.
- Sugar, Cinnamon, Vegan Butter: Add into the dough and to make the swirl.
- Raisins: I used golden raisins because I prefer them, but regular raisins work too.
- All Purpose Flour: Obviously you need some flour for bread making.
After making this recipe several times, I was honestly dreaming about it. This is for sure the best vegan cinnamon raisin bread of all time. I have been toasting a slice for breakfast and putting a sliced banana on top. Or making the most incredible FRENCH TOAST with it! This bread is delicious with nut butters on top or some vegan cream cheese. There is just nothing better than homemade bread. It is so far removed from the cinnamon raisin bread you can buy at the store, this is so good. It is on a completely different planet.
Why Should You Make This Homemade Bread?
- It is about 1000% better than store bought bread.
- This bread is super fun to make.
- The cinnamon swirl in the center is pure magic.
- Delight kids and adults with this one.
- A slice of this fresh bread right out of the oven is so blissful.
The Best Vegan Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- Add the warm water to the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Pour the yeast into the water and then sprinkle the sugar over the yeast.
- Let the yeast sit and bloom for about 5 minutes. The mixture should get very bubbly and frothy.
- Now pour in the warm milk(I like to heat mine in the microwave, then check it with a thermometer).
- Then pour in the applesauce, vegan butter, salt and raisins. Begin to mix all of this together with the dough hook for the stand mixer.
- While the hook is going, start adding the flour, about 1/2 a cup at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Continue adding flour until it has all been added. Then let the dough hook knead the dough until it comes together and forms a smooth ball.
- Let the dough hook knead the dough ball for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, spray the bowl with non-stick spray and return the dough to the bowl.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise in a warm, dry place for about 1 hour or doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a large floured surface. Roll the dough out so it is a large rectangle about 1/2 an inch thick.
- Brush the whole rectangle with the non-dairy milk for the center swirl.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cane sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Making a paste.
- Now evenly spread the cinnamon paste over the entire rectangle of dough.
- Roll the long side of the dough up into a long roll of dough.(see video for visuals).
- Cut the long roll in half, this will make 2 loaves.
- Spray 2 9×5 inch loaf pans with non-stick spray and put the loaves into the pans.
- Cover the pans with a kitchen towel and let rise again for 20-30 minutes.
- While the loaves rise, preheat the oven to 350 degrees(F).
- Once the loaves have risen a bit again, bake at 45-55 minutes or until the bread is golden brown.
- Let cool, then slice and enjoy!