I think we are all well aware that sometimes you need something to indulge in, to comfort you, to give you a “food hug”. I think I coined that term. I’m not 100% on that though. These beautiful peanut butter cookies filled with chocolate chunks and potato chips will give you the biggest hug you have ever had! Vegan AND gluten free, these cookies are a one bowl, 15 minute recipe. They are perfect in every way. Sweet and salty, my favorite!
Having a rough week? These cookies will be there for you. PMS? Make a batch of peanut butter chocolate potato chip cookies. They are everything you need. Peanut butter cookies are my favorite, and a few years ago, I found a Martha Stewart recipe for peanut butter cookies that was presumably accidentally gluten free, but not vegan. So I have been making a vegan version of those cookies for years.
After having a pretty rough week, I thought about what my dream cookie would be. Thus the peanut butter chocolate potato chip cookie was born. Suspiciously easy, moist but with a crunch from the potato chips. Salty and creamy peanut butter, salty and crunchy chips, paired with sweet chocolate, it is the greatest cookie of all time. Only 10 ingredients, which you may already have on hand!
They did not last long in my house. This recipe makes a dozen cookies, but you may want to make more! Especially if you don’t like sharing. My mom used to make peanut butter cookies all the time when I was a kid. She would let me use the fork to press down the lines in the top of the cookies that make them identifiable. I fell in love with the cookies I had as a kid, and was super pumped to watch my daughter devour one of these babies! I hope you enjoy!
Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Potato Chip Cookies
- 1 C. Peanut butter
- 1/2 C. Sugar
- 1/2 C. Brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Flax meal
- 3 Tbsp. Water
- 3/4 C. Dark chocolate chunks or chips, vegan
- 3/4 C. Potato chips, I used ruffles, Crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the peanut butter and sugars. Add the salt, baking soda and vanilla.
- Make a flax egg by mixing together the flax and water. Set aside and let thicken for a minute. Then add to the peanut butter mixture. Beat everything together until fully combined.
- Add the chocolate and crushed potato chips. You may want to work together with your hands to form the dough into a ball.
- Scoop large scoops of dough, and press together into a ball, place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press the dough down slightly, to flatten a little.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely! Enjoy!
Adapted from Martha Stewart.