Day Three of 12 Days of Vegan Christmas Cookies!
Hear ye! Hear ye! You guys asked and I delivered. The perfect cookie for the holidays that is gluten-free and vegan! These gluten-free vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are stunning. Sweet and salty. 10 ingredients, no flour, anyone can make these cookies! You may want to make a double batch of these babies, cause you. will. not .be. able. to. stop. eating. them.
What You Need To Get This Party Started:
- A Flax Egg: I choose my egg replacer specific to every recipe I make, and for these cookies, flax meal mixed with water works best!
- Creamy Peanut Butter: For general eating purposes, I use a natural peanut butter. But when I am making cookies, I just use some good old fashioned Peter Pan or Jif.
- Cane Sugar and Brown Sugar: Of course.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda: For rise and spread.
- Dark Chocolate Chips: I love Enjoy Life brand!
- Roasted, Salted Peanuts: For some crunchy, salty goodness.
- Vanilla: Adds a nice rich sweetness.
I think these gluten-free vegan peanut butter chocolate chip cookies may be the fan fave of all my holiday cookie boxes. They are consistently the ones that get eaten the fastest and everyone always asks for the recipe. Then they are super surprised by how incredibly easy they are and that they have no flour at all!
Why Should You Make This Peanut Butter and Chocolate Magic?
- Chocolate and peanut butter, duh.
- Gluten-free and plant-based!
- 10 ingredients.
- No flour, at all!
- Probably the most delicious cookies ever.
These cookies are based on a pretty classic recipe that I used to make as a kid. Peanut butter, sugar, egg and chocolate. So this is a jazzed up, veganized version of one of my childhood favorites. I promise it will be one of your favorites too! Love peanut butter cookies? Try my Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Potato Chip Cookies!
Gluten-Free Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 Tablespoons Flax meal
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Cup Creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup Organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Vegan chocolate chips, I used Enjoy Life
- 1/3 Cup Roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees(F).
- Now, in a small bowl, make a flax egg by whisking together the flax meal and water. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes to thicken.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, add the peanut butter, brown sugar and cane sugar. Using a hand mixer, or stand mixer, beat together until fully combined.
- Then, add the flax egg you made, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Continue to mix until everything is incorporated.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and peanuts. Then fold them in with a large spoon or spatula.
- Taking about 1 tablespoon of dough at a time, roll the dough into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with non-stick spray. Place each cookie about 2 inches apart from the others. You will probably need to do 2 batches.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely before eating.