Make this immediately!
I don’t think I have ever met a pasta as creamy as this vegan one pot caramelized caprese pasta! It is AMAZING! Cooked all in one pot, as the name implies, this caprese pasta is quick, so easy and mind blowingly delicious. Baby tomatoes are sauteed with garlic, olive oil and agave until they are so sweet and burst open. Then you cook the pasta right in the liquid that will turn into the dreamiest, creamiest, cheesiest sauce ever.
Toss the pasta with the caramelized tomatoes and fresh basil! It is so simple, you won’t believe me when I tell you that it is so dang flavorful! The sweetness of the tomatoes is one of the best things I have tasted paired with the incredible pasta!
You have a lot of great options to add extra protein here! This would be stellar with crispy tofu or tempeh. Also, if you use gluten-free pasta, this is an entirely gluten-free meal! You can also customize the milk you use here and make it either nut-free or soy-free!
Every time I create a new recipe, I’m like this, this one is my favorite. However, this time, it may be true. This vegan one pot caprese pasta is something I implore you to try! I am in love, my omnivore husband is in love and my vegetarian 6 year old daughter says it is definitely kid- approved! One pot. 25 minutes. Healthy. Divine. Done.
Vegan One Pot Caramelized Tomato Caprese Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 16 Ounces Cherry tomatoes
- 6 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Agave syrup(optional)
- 3 Cups Vegetable broth
- 1 Cup Non dairy milk, I used almond milk
- 1 Can(13-14oz.) Coconut milk, full fat (coconut cream)
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons Corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 16 Ounces Pasta
- 1 Cup Fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil on medium high. Then add the cherry tomatoes and chopped garlic. Saute, reducing heat as needed for 2-3 minutes or until the tomatoes start to burst. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Then add the agave syrup if using. This helps them caramelize and makes them sweet and delicious, but it is optional.
- Continue to saute for another 2-3 minutes or until the tomatoes are a little brown and have all burst.
- Remove the tomatoes and garlic from the pot, put in a bowl and set aside.
- Now, add the vegetable broth, non dairy milk of choice and can of coconut milk to the pot. Stir and then season with a few pinches of salt and pepper and the nutritional yeast. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then in a small bowl, whisk together the corn starch and water, then add it to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Next, add the pasta to the boiling pot of liquid. If using long noodles, I like to break them in half. Stir the pasta into the pot. Simmer reducing heat if needed until the pasta is done (check package for directions). When the pasta is done, it should have absorbed most of the liquid and it should just be nice and creamy and saucey.
- Once the pasta is done (don't drain!), taste and adjust seasoning, you may need more salt and pepper.
- Then add the caramelized tomatoes and chopped fresh basil into the pasta. Stir to combine, taste one more time and adjust seasoning. I like to add a squeeze of lemon juice, but that is optional. Serve immediately! I grated VioLife vegan Parmesan on top of mine!