If you have been vegan for any significant amount of time, you may be asking yourself, but what about Cheez-it Party Mix? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. I was once like you, wondering how I could really live without Cheez-it Party Mix. I love a good party, ya know. In my youth I could devour an entire box of that snack mix. That is not advisable, I assume. Well, look no further, I have solved all your problems!
This addictive snack is made a little less terrifyingly addictive by the omission of the MSG that is found in the actual store bought and processed snack mix. Yes, there is MSG in so many processed snacks. Ahhhhh.. This is a super simple mix of homemade vegan cheese crackers, pretzels and chex. Mixed together with an amazing seasoning, then baked all together to get the perfect copycat flavor!
All the deliciousness, non of the gross stuff! This is a perfect easy snack to put together for a party! The vegan cheese crackers are mixed and baked in no time. Then while they cool, you can mix the rest of the party mix ingredients. The seasoning mix is super easy as well!
Once the are crackers cool, it is all just thrown in a bowl, the seasoning mix is wet, so it coats all the snacks. Then you spread it on a baking sheet and bake a little longer. Then you are ready to party! Seriously, though, my husband and I could not stop eating it! It has definitely become a staple snack to have around the house!
Well, if you have been looking for the perfect vegan snack to please a crowd, look no further! Super simple, you can definitely just eat the cheese crackers by themselves, but I highly recommend taking it a step further and whipping up some party mix! You won’t regret it. I hope you love it!
Vegan Copycat Cheez-it Party Mix
Vegan Cheese Crackers
- 2 C. All purpose flour
- 1/4 C. Nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp. Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 C. Vegan butter, I used Earth Balance
- 1/2 C. + 1 Tbsp. Cold water
- Extra salt for sprinkling on top
For the Party Mix
- 1 C. Mini pretzels
- 1 C. Pretzels sticks, broken in half
- 1 C. Corn or Rice chex cereal, vegan
- 1 C. Wheat chex cereal, vegan
- 2 Tbsp. Vegan butter, melted
- 2 tsp. Braggs amino acids, or soy sauce
- 2 tsp. Lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 2 Tbsp. Water
Make the Vegan Cheese Crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine the dry ingredients. Pulse to combine. Then add the vegan butter, and start pulsing until the dough starts to get moist. Then while the processor is running, start adding the water slowly. Start with 1/2 C. and drizzle in until the dough pulls away from the sides and starts to form a ball. I used 1/2 C. and 1 Tbsp.
- Once the dough is ready, place the dough onto a piece of parchment paper the size of a sheet pan. Press down, then place another piece of parchment paper on top. Roll the dough out with a rolling pin, from the middle out, until it is very thin. Not quite pasta thin, but close. Try to fill all of the parchment paper.
- Remove top piece of parchment, and place the dough and bottom parchment paper on a large sheet pan. Cut into 1 inch strips, then cut across in 1 inch strips so you have 1 inch squares. Poke a hole in the center of each cracker, then sprinkle with more salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until the crackers are crisp. Turn off the oven and let cool in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Make the Party Mix
- While the cheese crackers are cooling, mix the pretzels and cereal together in a large bowl.
- Now in a small mixing bowl, whisk together the melted vegan butter, braggs or soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic and onion powder and paprika. Then whisk in the water.
- Once the crackers have cooled in the oven, break them apart and let them cool completely out of the oven. Once they are cool, add them to the rest of the party mix. Then pour in the seasoning mix. Stir to completely coat all of the snacks.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Pour the party mix onto a sheet pan, and spread into a single layer. Bake at 275 degrees for 20-30 minutes until the seasoning mix has hardened and everything is crispy. Turn off the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Then let cool completely out of the oven. Time to party!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Rabbit and Wolves and the brands that keep us running. For more information read my Amazon Affiliate Disclosure*