I do a little dance every time this pizza is in the oven.
Picture it, super garlicky sauteed mushrooms, tangy and amazing vegan ricotta, vegan Mozzarella, covering crispy french bread. This vegan mushroom white French bread pizza is one of the most delicious things you will ever put in your mouth. It takes no time at all to throw together, and there are pretty much never any leftovers in my house. I really love white pizza, but this is hands down my favorite!
I started with some French baguettes from Trader Joe’s, but there are a lot of options. I have found many different brands of French bread that are vegan, Whole Foods actually carries a really delicious vegan and gluten free brand if that is something your into.
Then all you need to do is saute some amazing mushrooms with olive oil and a crap ton of garlic. I used baby bella and shiittake mushrooms. However, you can use anything you want. This French bread pizza is where it’s at.
Then just top the sliced French bread with the lovely toppings and bake for a few minutes at a super high temperature. It is so damn good. The bread gets crusty and everything is hot and amazing. Top with parsley or maybe some truffle oil or truffle salt?
Vegan mushroom white French bread pizza is your new favorite pizza. I am also in love with the fact that you don’t need to buy or make pizza dough and roll it out. Don’t get me wrong, I love making my own pizza dough, but sometimes I just don’t have the time or energy. However, I obviously still need to eat pizza, so here is the solution to that problem!
Vegan Mushroom White French Bread Pizza
- 1/2 Block Extra firm tofu
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
For the Pizza
- 1 Loaf French bread, vegan
- 16 oz. Mushrooms, sliced. I used baby bella and shiitake
- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 C. Vegan Mozzarella, I used Parmela Creamery
- Olive oil to brush the bread
- Parsley for topping
- First, make the ricotta, add all the ricotta ingredients to a food processor or blender, and pulse for a few seconds until everything is fully combined and the tofu resembles the texture of ricotta. Scraping down the sides as needed. Taste and adjust seasonings. Set aside.
- Now preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Then saute the mushrooms, heat the olive oil on medium high in a non stick skillet. Then add the chopped garlic and sliced mushrooms. Saute for 5-7 minutes until the mushrooms have released their liquid and begin to get nice and brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the mushrooms are done. Slice your French bread in half, so the inside of the bread is exposed and place it on a sheet pan with the inside of the bread facing up. Brush the bread with a little bit of olive oil.
- Now spread each of the bread halves with the ricotta mixture, reserving a little bit to put on top. Then spread half the mushrooms on to one of the breads, then half on the other. Sprinkle with the vegan Mozzarella, then put a few more dollops of ricotta on top.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until the bread is crispy on the outside and beginning to brown and the cheese has melted (as much as vegan cheese melts).
- Top with some chopped parsley if you want, and cut into pieces and serve immediately. (It does reheat well in the oven!)