These savory rolls are bubbly hot amazingness! Like an adorable, portable spinach and artichoke dip!
If you love spinach and artichoke dip(doesn’t everyone?), then you have come to the right place! This is a super fast, super amazing way to eat spinach and artichoke dip in a hot and delicious hand held package. The bread and dip all rolled into one! I love to dip mine in marinara sauce or a lovely balsamic vinaigrette! They are perfection!
Perfection that is totally attainable! I like to use store bought pizza dough for this recipe, but you can totally make your own. Trader Joe’s has a kick ass vegan pizza dough and it is like $1.19! It is certified vegan! Roll out the pizza dough into a rectangle, spread with this amazing vegan spinach and artichoke dip like filling and bake until brown bubbly!
This filling is simple and only takes a few minutes. The “cream cheese” is a quick 5 minute tofu cream cheese. That is mixed with garlic sauteed spinach and artichokes from a jar or can. Which ever you prefer. Spread on pizza dough, roll and cut!
I think the easiest way to cut these, or any rolls like this is to use floss. A thread of floss, pulled underneath the dough and then pulled through cuts perfectly and all the filling won’t squeeze out everywhere when you cut it. I have tried just using a super sharp knife, and it makes a crazy mess!
These vegan savory spinach and artichoke rolls are the perfect summer time appetizer! They are quick and will feed a crowd! Just the thing for a summer party! Serve them hot with all your favorite dips and said crowd will cheer! I hope you love these, as for me, I can never stop at just one or three!
Vegan Savory Spinach and Artichoke Rolls
- 16 oz. Pizza dough, I used Trader Joe's
- 1 Block Extra firm tofu
- 5 Cloves Garlic, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 2 C. Baby spinach
- 1 1/2 C. Artichokes in oil or water(whichever you prefer), chopped
- 2 tsp. Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the tofu cream cheese first. Squeeze the tofu over the sink to get as much liquid out as you can. It doesn't matter if it starts to fall apart. Now place in a food processor with 2 cloves of garlic, the olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Add a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Process on high scraping down the sides as needed until the tofu is completely smooth and silky, this may take a few minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings. Scoop into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Now, into a small saute pan, heat 2 tsp of oil on medium high, chop the remaining 3 cloves of garlic and add that to the pan, cook for about 30 seconds, then add the baby spinach. Season with a little salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook for just about a minute until the spinach has wilted. Remove from heat.
- Now add the cooked spinach and chopped artichokes to the tofu cream cheese mixture. Stir to fully combine. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Now, on a floured surface, roll out your pizza dough into a large rectangle about 1/4 inch or less thick. Spread the dough thoroughly with the tofu/spinach/artichoke mixture. You may have some left over, no biggie.
- Now roll length wise, so the roll is long. Cut into rolls about 1-2 inches long. Place each roll in a prepared baking dish, either in a circle or a square depending on the dish you are using. Repeat until all the rolls are placed right up against each other.
- Spray the tops with oil, I like to use a canola oil or olive oil spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until nice and brown. Serve immediately! I recommended serving with a balsamic vinaigrette or marinara sauce to dip!