Vegan firecracker broccoli ramen is sweet, spicy, quick, addictive and mind blowingly amazing. Crispy broccoli, ramen noodles and firecracker sauce! This all only takes maybe 20 minutes. Ramen noodles take literally 2 minutes to cook. The broccoli takes maybe 5, then the sauce that takes 30 seconds to throw together is poured onto that. Then BLAM……vegan firecracker broccoli ramen. A.k.a. Holy crap that is amazing ramen!
You can really replace the broccoli with any veggies you like, making this a great go to recipe to have on hand. That way you can use whatever you have in your fridge. I just F*^&%(ing love broccoli. It would be brilliant with cauliflower or mushrooms or brussels sprouts.
The firecracker sauce is nice and sweet to counter act the spice, but I kept it refined sugar free by using agave. Maple syrup would work too. Or even coconut sugar. I love recipes that are adaptable enough to use what you have on hand. I find in the summer heat my usual love of grocery shopping goes down a bit. Then I just start to use what is in my house to create recipes!
Vegan firecracker broccoli ramen is the only firecracker you need this summer.(Although real firecrackers are cool too!) It requires very little effort and very few ingredients, but has maximum deliciousness and makes me happy forever!
Vegan Firecracker Broccoli Ramen
- 1 Small head of Broccoli, cut into florets(about 2 cups)
- 1 C. Almond milk or other non dairy milk
- 3/4 C. Corn starch
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt, divided
- 3 Tbsp. Oil
- 1/4 C. Hot sauce, I used Frank's
- 1/2 C. Agave syrup
- 2 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. Red pepper flakes
- 8-10 oz. Ramen noodles, I used 3 blocks
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce or tamari
- Cook ramen noodles according to package instructions. Once they are done, set aside.
- Now, add the almond milk to a bowl, then add the corn starch and 1 tsp. of salt to another bowl.
- Dip each broccoli floret into the almond milk, then coat in corn starch. Shaking off any excess. Repeat with all the broccoli and place in a bowl.
- Then, heat the oil on medium high in a non stick pan. I used a large wok so I only had to use one pan for everything.
- Once the oil is hot, add the broccoli, toss and fry for a few minutes, reducing heat as needed, browning on each side until the broccoli is nice and crispy.
- While the broccoli is cooking, mix the firecracker sauce. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the hot sauce, agave, apple cider vinegar, the remaining 1/2 tsp. of salt and red pepper flakes.
- Once the broccoli is done, if there is excess oil, drain it out, then toss in the ramen noodles, then pour the sauce in and toss to coat everything.
- Cook for another minute or two until the sauce is nice and thick. Then add the soy sauce. Toss, taste and adjust seasoning, then serve immediately.