How this Caesar salad inspired vegan fettuccine Alfredo came about is simple really. I was just sitting around and scrolling through photos and I saw a picture of a Caesar salad. I simply thought to myself, you know what would taste really good? A dairy-free Caesar Alfredo sauce! Make a creamy, cheesy vegan Alfredo sauce and mix it with the flavors of a Caesar dressing and toss that with some pasta. Huzzah! One of the best pastas I have ever had! I seriously couldn’t stop eating it. Every time I make it, I just keep going back for “just one more” bite.
What You Need For This Vegan Alfredo Pasta:
- Raw Cashews: Soak raw cashews are the base of the sauce.
- Non-dairy Milk: I like to use soy or almond milk.
- Garlic, Capers with brine, Lemon Juice, Dijon Mustard and Tamari: These are added to the Alfredo sauce to give it a Caesar dressing flavor.
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese: I like Follow Your Heart.
- Pasta: I use regular Fettuccine or Linguine, but Gluten-free pasta works too.
- Reserved Pasta Water: This will make the sauce super creamy.
This Caesar vegan fettuccine Alfredo is a super easy pasta recipe that’s truly incredible. The flavor of the sauce is beyond perfect. You can pair it with all kinds of different proteins. I love to serve it with my Vegan Parmesan Herb Crusted Tofu! But it is also excellent just by itself. I highly recommend sprinkling some fried capers on top of the pasta. I could probably eat this fettuccine Alfredo everyday with all kinds of veggies and tofu.
Why Should You Make This Creamy Vegan Pasta?
- The idea of merging Alfredo sauce and Caesar dressing was the BEST idea.
- It is super simple and very fast.
- This pasta is seriously creamy and cheesy with no cream or cheese.
- This dish is delicious alone or served with veggies or protein.
- You may never make regular Alfredo sauce again.
Caesar Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 Cup Raw cashews, soaked*
- 16 Ounces Fettuccine or long pasta
- 1 Cup Non-dairy milk, unsweetened I used soy milk
- 4 Cloves Garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon Capers
- 1 teaspoon Caper brine from the jar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Tamari (or soy sauce if you don't want GF)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt + more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper + more to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Parmesan, I used Follow Your Heart
- 1/2-1 Cup Reserved pasta water
- While you soak or boil the cashews, cook the pasta according to package directions. Remembering to reserve at least one cup of pasta water. Drain the rest when the pasta is al dente.
- Once the cashews are ready, they should be soft, drain them and pour them into a blender.
- Then pour the non-dairy milk, 2 cloves of garlic, capers, caper brine, lemon juice, mustard, tamari, salt and pepper to the blender.
- Blend on high, scraping down the sides as needed until the sauce is completely smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil on medium high in a large non-stick skillet. Chop the remaining 2 cloves of garlic and add them and the shallot to the skillet.
- Sauté, reducing heat as needed, until the shallot is translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the cream sauce you made into the skillet and stir to combine, heat for about 1 minute, then add the cooked pasta to the skillet.
- Toss to coat the pasta in the cream sauce, then add the vegan Parmesan and about 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water.
- Toss to coat all the pasta, making sure the vegan parmesan melts into the pasta. And the sauce is very creamy. Adding a little more reserved pasta water at a time, until it is as creamy as you would like.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Adding more salt, pepper or lemon juice if needed.
- Serve immediately with fried capers on top if desired(I highly recommend!)