Thai food is my favorite food! I have never been to Thailand, but is at the top of my list! My husband and I watched a special on Thai street food a few days ago, and I have been craving all those amazing Thai flavors ever since. I really wanted a quick, handheld Thai meal to fulfill some of my cravings until I can get to Thailand! These vegan Thai green curry tofu skewers with peanut sauce at perfection. They make me super happy!
Not only are these amazing anytime, now is the perfect time of year to grill up some of these babies! One of the only things I really like about Summer is grilling food! Veggies, vegan proteins, fruit, you name it! You can marinate these skewers as long as you want, then just throw them on the grill when you are ready!
These skewers are a little spicy, and very flavorful! You can always adjust the spice level, I love my spice. So, if you think it might be a bit too much for you, just use less green curry paste. It will still taste amazing! The green curry tofu dipped in the most amazing peanut sauce is literally the best!
Green curry and peanut sauce are a matched made in heaven and should just go ahead and get married! I am madly in love. I am pretty sure these skewers are going to be a Summer staple in my house. They are so easy, just the way I like it!
I hope you too fall madly in love with these Vegan Thai Green Curry Tofu Skewers with peanut sauce just like me. Grilled to perfection and mouth wateringly delicious! You will never want another grilled meal again. These have ruined me for all other kabob type meals!
Vegan Thai Green Curry Tofu Skewers with Peanut sauce
Thai Green Curry Tofu Skewers
- 1 Block Extra firm tofu
- 1 1/2 C. Coconut milk
- 2-3 tsp. Green curry paste
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt to sprinkle on tofu
- Non stick spray
- 1/2 C. Peanut butter
- 1/4 C. Soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 C. Water
- 1 Tbsp. Agave nectar
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. Chili paste or sriracha
- Cut the tofu into rectangles, I cut mine in half through the side to make thinner. Now place on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Place more paper towels on top, and place something heavy on top. Press the tofu for at least an hour, but the longer the better.
- Now in a bowl, combine the coconut milk, green curry paste(use 2 tsp. if you want less spice and 3 tsp. if you want more spice) and lime juice. Add the tofu to the bowl, stir to coat and marinate the tofu. The longer the better. I marinated mine over night, but at least a few hours until you are ready for dinner.
- When ready for dinner, skewer the tofu onto bamboo skewers, I like to put 5 or 6 pieces on each, then either start the grill or heat a grill pan.
- Now make the peanut sauce by whisking all the ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning. Set aside.
- When the grill is hot, spray with non stick spray, grill the tofu skewers on each side for a few minutes until cooked through and they have nice grill marks.
- Serve immediately with the peanut sauce. Enjoy!