Vegan Thai BBQ sauce is totally amazing!
This vegan Thai BBQ stir fry has such a unique and incredible flavor. Once you start eating this stir fry, you will have a hard time stopping. It is healthy, quick and really easy to customize. You can switch out the protein and the veggies for anything you like, as long as you toss it in this Thai BBQ sauce!
I like to serve this with brown rice or rice noodles, but that’s something that you can play around with too. You can also, toss the rice or noodles into the skillet with the stir fry, or serve them on the side. This Thai BBQ sauce is super easy to make, you just whisk everything together and pour it into the pan with the tofu and veggies.
Tossing the tofu with cornstarch and salt and then frying it first, gives it a perfect crunchy, crusty outside. Then I remove it from the pan to keep it crisp, while I stir fry the veggies. That way you get perfectly fried veggies and tofu. Then, once the Thai BBQ sauce is tossed in, it heats and sticks to everything very nicely. It has the most amazing umami flavor that I can’t get enough of.
This vegan Thai BBQ stir fry is:
- Easy to customize
- Easy to make Gluten-free
- Contains healthy homemade Vegan Oyster Sauce
Vegan Thai BBQ Stir Fry
Thai BBQ Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Vegan Oyster sauce, homemade or store bought*
- 3 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- 1 Tablespoon Soy sauce or tamari
- 1 Tablespoon Rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Agave syrup
- 4 Cloves Garlic, grated
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger, grated
- 1 Teaspoon Lemongrass, grated
- 1 Teaspoon Thai chili paste
For the Stir Fry
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Block(15oz.) Extra firm tofu, pressed
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Broccoli florets
- 1 Cup Carrots, chopped
- 10 oz. Crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Cups Green Beans, chopped
- Rice or noodles for serving
- A few Pinches of salt
- First, whisk together all the Thai BBQ sauce in a bowl. Set aside.
- Now, take your pressed block of tofu(if you need more info on pressing tofu, check out my TOFU COOKING GUIDE) and cut the block into cubes.
- Add the tofu cubes to a bowl, then sprinkle the cornstarch and salt on top. Toss to coat the tofu.
- Heat the olive oil in a large wok or nonstick skillet on medium high.
- Then add the tofu, and brown the tofu on each side for 2-3 minutes, reducing heat as needed. Until the tofu is all brown and crispy. Remove the tofu and set aside.
- Then add the broccoli, carrots, mushrooms and green beans. Saute for about 10-15 minutes to cook all the vegetables, season with a few pinches of salt.
- Add the tofu back to the skillet, and then pour the Thai BBQ sauce to the skillet.
- Toss to coat everything in the BBQ sauce and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles, topped with soy sauce, chili paste, and chives if desired.