Yummy, yummy, yum, yum!
When I was a kid I used to eat a crap ton of spinach Alfredo pizza. It is one thing I miss. So here is an equally amazing vegan version. This vegan spinach Alfredo pizza is off the charts delish and ridiculously easy! A super simple vegan Alfredo sauce tops pizza dough. Then spinach, garlic and vegan cheese. This can be thrown together in 10 minutes and it cooks just as fast!
I like to use frozen spinach that has been thawed. It’s nice to have it already cooked so it doesn’t release as much liquid. I just thaw the spinach before I want to make this pizza, then squeeze as much liquid out of the spinach as I can. Sprinkle all over the pizza, it works out so well! The garlic, spinach and Alfredo sauce are made for eachother.
I like to roll the dough out really thin so it gets super crispy! However you like your dough, it will be spectacular! You can make it like I do, in a large rectangle with really thin, or a classic circle with a thicker crust.
My vegan Alfredo sauce is soooo easy, and made almost like you would make a classic Alfredo sauce. Cheesy, lemony and perfect for this vegan spinach Alfredo pizza. Every time I make this pizza, I can’t stop eating it. This may sound a little strange, but this pizza sprinkled with red pepper flakes and drizzled with agave is incredible AF.
Vegan Spinach Alfredo Pizza
Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Vegan butter, I used Earth Balance
- 1 Tablespoon All purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup Non dairy milk, I used Almond
- 1 Tablespoon Nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Pizza
- 1 Pound(16oz) Pizza dough, vegan I used Trader Joe's
- 1 Cup Frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 Cup Vegan cheese, I used Follow Your Heart
- 10 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- Make the Alfredo sauce. In a small sauce pan, or skillet. Heat the vegan butter on medium high. Melt and then add the flour. Whisk together to make a paste(roux).
- Now, add the non dairy milk to the pan and whisk to combine the milk with the roux. Whisk until fully combined. Then add the nutritional yeast, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, reducing heat as needed. Whisk until the sauce becomes thick and creamy. It should only take a few minutes. Add another pinch of salt and pepper if needed. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Now, squeeze as much liquid out of the thawed spinach as you can.
- Then roll your pizza dough out as thick as you want. I like mine really thin and crispy, so I like to press mine out into a large sheet pan. Place on a baking sheet or pizza pan that is oiled or sprayed with non stick spray.
- Next, spread the vegan Alfredo sauce over the whole pizza. Then sprinkle with chopped garlic and then sprinkle with the spinach. Top with the vegan cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes or until the dough is crispy and brown. Serve! I love red pepper flakes and agave drizzled on top.