I dreamed a dream where every meal I made was just thrown onto a sheet pan and baked. Creating a literal entire meal that was one step. Well, these vegan spicy pineapple and veggie fajitas are a dream come true. Mix up my favorite spicy fajita seasoning. Toss it with pineapple and veggies all in one bowl. Spread on a sheet pan, bake until brown and juicy. Stuff your favorite tortilla with the sweet and spicy perfection. Top with some guacamole, maybe salsa and vegan sour cream, cilantro (which makes everything better) and devour. This will be your new go-to lazy meal.
The whole process takes about 30 minutes and while these are the veggies I use, you can try all kinds of veggies using this recipe. Sometimes I just use what I’ve got in the fridge. I particularly enjoy broccoli as a substitute in these fajitas! However, I must highly recommend not skipping the pineapple. It makes these fajitas stand out and it makes them a total show stopper. These are no ordinary vegan fajitas and the pineapple makes that very obvious!
I personally don’t love bell peppers, so I use mini sweet peppers in this recipe, but if you are a huge bell pepper lover, by all means you can take that route. I am however crazy about jalapenos, so if you want to reduce the heat a bit, you can skip them. There is something so wonderful about the marriage of pineapple and jalapeno though. It is almost impossible to eat just one of these fajitas.
These vegan spicy pineapple and veggie fajitas are also for all my gluten-free peeps out there. Use some corn tortillas and boom. You’ve got yourself a super easy, sheet pan, gluten-free and vegan dinner!
Love tex mex vegan recipes? Try my Vegan Tex Mex Egg Rolls !
Vegan Spicy Pineapple and Veggie Fajitas
- 2 teaspoons Corn starch
- 2 teaspoons Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 2 Fresh jalapeno, de-seeded and sliced
- 2 Cups Sweet peppers, sliced (I used mini sweet peppers)
- 10 Ounces Baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 a Yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 a Pineapple, sliced into strips(about 2 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 6-8 Tortillas of choice
- Guacamole, vegan sour cream, salsa, cilantro(optional toppings)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees(F).
- In a small bowl, combine the corn starch, chili powder, salt, paprika, sugar, cumin, garlic and cayenne. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the jalapeno, sweet peppers, mushrooms, onions and pineapple.
- Drizzle with the oil and toss with your hands to mix and coat the pineapple and veggies with the oil.
- Now sprinkle the seasoning mix you made over the pineapple and veggies. Toss again to coat everything in the seasonings.
- Pour the pineapple and veggies on to a large sheet pan. Spread out evenly in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and toss the pineapple and veggies with a spatula. Smooth back out evenly and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until everything has browned and is juicy. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with a pinch more salt.
- Fill a tortilla with the pineapple and veggies and top with your favorite toppings.