Thai red curry and cashew butter is a match made in heaven!
This vegan red curry cashew stir fry is so dang delicious you probably won’t be able to have just one serving. This stir fry is all about the dreamy beyond amazing red curry cashew sauce. So you can easily customize it with any protein and veggies you have on hand. This is insanely quick and requires very few steps! This is a great one to memorize so you can just throw it together!
I love to use tofu, broccoli, carrots and green beans. Once you taste this red curry cashew sauce though you will realize it would probably make anything taste good! Coconut milk, vegetable broth, Thai red curry paste, garlic, ginger, soy sauce (or coconut aminos to make it gluten-free), lime juice and CASHEW BUTTER! Yes, so much yes! Protein and deliciousness!
Just stir fry your protein and veggies or honestly just a bunch of veggies would be glorious! Then you blend the sauce and pour over the stir fry. Serve with rice or anything you want. It would be great all by itself too!
My whole family is in love with this vegan red curry cashew stir fry and my husband keeps asking me to make it. He even eats cold leftovers right out of the fridge because he says it’s that good. I hope you guys fall in love too! It’s rich with such complex tasting flavors, but somehow still so freaking easy.
Vegan Red Curry Cashew Stir Fry
- 1 Block(15oz.) Extra firm Tofu
- 1 Can(about 14 oz.) Full fat coconut milk (coconut cream)
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable broth
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Inch piece Ginger, peeled
- 1/3 Cup Cashew butter
- 1 Tablespoon Thai red curry paste, vegan
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 3 Tablespoons Soy sauce or coconut aminos, divided
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 3 Large Carrots, chopped
- 2 Cups Broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 Cups Green Beans, trimmed
- Rice for serving
- If you are using tofu, press it first so it can get firm and crispy when stir fried. If you need a step-by-step guide for pressing tofu, check out the tofu guide in the recipe notes.
- Make the red curry cashew sauce. In a blender, add the coconut milk, vegetable broth, garlic, ginger, cashew butter, Thai red curry paste, lime juice and 2 Tablespoons of soy sauce or aminos. Blend for a few seconds to combine. Set aside.
- Then cut the tofu into cubes, and cut your veggies. Heat the coconut oil in a large non stick skillet.
- Now add the tofu to the skillet, brown on each side for 2-3 minutes, or until the tofu is all brown and firm. Reducing heat as needed.
- Next, add the vegetables. Toss to combine, drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of soy sauce or aminos and saute for about 5-10 more minutes or until the veggies are cooked.
- Once the tofu and veggies are cooked, pour about half of the red curry cashew sauce into the skillet. Toss to coat everything in sauce and simmer on low for a minute to let the sauce thicken.
- Serve immediately over rice, pouring some of the remaining red curry cashew sauce over the stir fry and rice. I like to drizzle with sriracha and squeeze more lime on top!