What has a sweet, crunchy, buttery graham cracker crust and the fluffiest most beautiful pumpkin filling? Why my absolute favorite pumpkin pie, of course. This vegan pumpkin mousse pie is not only the easiest pie ever made, it is one of the yummiest. Only the crust is baked and then the filling is poured in and chilled. So, you definitely don’t need to be a baker to throw this wonderful fall dessert together.
Crushed graham crackers and vegan butter make the crust. Then pumpkin puree, vegan cream cheese, vegan whipped topping (I like so delicious), sugar and spices are all that are needed to make the filling. I don’t love traditional pumpkin pie, but this vegan pumpkin mousse pie I definitely love!
This pie reminds me of peanut butter pie. The fluffy, sweet goodness. I also am a huge fan of any dessert that can be served for Thanksgiving that is practically no bake. After an all day cook fest, there is nothing better than something that is incredibly easy.
You can serve this pie as is, with more vegan whipped topping on top or with a nice sprinkling of pumpkin spice! I have never met a person who did not fall madly in love with vegan pumpkin mousse pie. This pie will become a new tradition in every household where it is served. I have no doubt, and if you like me aren’t the biggest fan of pumpkin pie, I think you should still give this a try. It will change your mind!
Vegan Pumpkin Mousse Pie
- 1 3/4 Cup Graham cracker crumbs, vegan
- 1/2 Cup Vegan butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon Brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 8 Ounces Vegan cream cheese, I used Trader Joe's
- 1 Cup Pumpkin, canned
- 1 Cup Powdered sugar, organic
- 8 Ounces Vegan whipped topping, I used So Delicious
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees(F).
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, the vegan butter and the brown sugar. The crumbs should be moist and hold together if pressed together.
- Pour the graham crackers into a standard 9 inch pie pan. Press down the crumbs evenly all around the pan to form the crust. I like to use a cup to press them in firmly.
- Bake the crust for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is firm and very brown. Remove and let the crust cool completely.
- While the crust cools, make the filling. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, combine the vegan cream cheese, pumpkin, powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix together until fully combined.
- Now fold in the vegan whipped topping, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Fold gently until fully combined.
- Once the crust has completely cooled, scoop the filling into the crust, smooth it out, then place in the fridge.
- Chill for at least 4 hours, but overnight is best. Serve with extra whipped topping or spices. Keep refrigerated.