Oh boy, do I love an easy dessert. This vegan pumpkin chocolate chip bread pudding requires no baking experience. It is so perfect for Thanksgiving, or just to eat all fall long. This bread pudding is melt in your mouth, rich and so dang delicious. The simplicity of this dessert will shock you! Just cut a crusty loaf of bread into chunks, sprinkle with dark chocolate chips, pour a pumpkin custard over the bread. Let the bread soak up all the yummy custard. Then sprinkle with more chocolate and then bake.
I promise you will impress everyone with this vegan bread pudding. Top with some vegan whipped cream and get ready to die of happiness. I love to serve this vegan pumpkin chocolate chip bread pudding warm. It is so incredible served warm with some cold whipped cream or vegan vanilla ice cream! It is also wonderful served chilled, but you can reheat it in small portions if you want.
If you have never made bread pudding, let me assure you, anyone can make this southern favorite! Usually, regular bread pudding is made by soaking bread chunks in a custard made with eggs and milk. These are very easy to replace with any non-dairy milk you like and pumpkin puree is the perfect egg replacement. The custard is flavored with maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon!
I honestly don’t love regular pumpkin pie, but I do love pumpkin flavored desserts and coffee. So I am always trying to find other ways to serve a pumpkin dessert for fall meals! This is quite possibly my favorite pumpkin dessert yet! I promise, you will fall madly in love with this vegan bread pudding. If you are looking for other pumpkin desserts, try my Vegan Pumpkin Mousse Pie or my Vegan Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars!
Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding
- 12 Ounces(5-6 cups) Vegan crusty bread, I like to use sourdough or ciabatta*
- 3 Cups Non-dairy milk, unsweetened I used soy milk
- 1/2 Cup Maple syrup
- 1/4 Cup Brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 Can(15oz.) Pumpkin (puree)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup Dark chocolate chips, vegan(or chunks) I used Enjoy Life
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees(F).
- Cut the loaf of bread into cubes. You should have 5-6 cups of bread cubes. Spread half the bread into an 11x7 inch baking dish. Then sprinkle half the chocolate chips on top of the bread. Then spread the remaining bread on top of that. Save the remaining chocolate chips.
- Now in a medium sized sauce pan, add the non-dairy milk, maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, pumpkin, salt and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- Then heat on medium low, whisking constantly, just until the sugar dissolves and everything is combined. About 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture over the bread evenly and press all the bread down to make sure it is submerged and is soaking up all the liquid. Let sit for 5 minutes so is absorbs some of the liquid.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of the bread pudding and then bake for 30-40 minutes or until the liquid has absorbed and the bread isn't mushy anymore and almost firm.
- I like to serve warm with vegan whipped cream or vegan vanilla ice cream.