Do you love vegan blueberry muffins? You HAVE to try these! These extremely easy, summery vegan mixed berry lemonade muffins are moist, tangy and delicious. They may end up being the new favorite of your vegan muffin recipes! Studded with berries and lemon zest, then topped with a lemon glaze, they really are incredible. I mean, the flavor is just unreal. These vegan muffins come together in no time and they are a great way to use up any summer berries you have on hand. I like to use strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. Cherries would be perfect too! Or any fruit you have on hand that would go with the tartness of lemons.
What You Need For These Dairy-Free Muffins:
- Vegan Butter: I like to use Earth Balance.
- Lemon Zest and Lemon Juice: For the muffin batter and the glaze.
- Cane Sugar and Maple Syrup: For sweetness in the muffins.
- Applesauce: Is used as an egg replacer in this muffin recipe.
- Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt: These are the dry ingredients for the muffins.
- Non-dairy Milk: I like to use oat milk for this recipe.
- Berries: I used strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.
- Powdered Sugar: For the lemon glaze.
Whenever summer rolls around, I love anything I can add juicy berries to. These vegan mixed berry lemonade muffins are perfect. They stay moist for days, so you can make a batch over the weekend and have a yummy breakfast or snack all week. The burst of the berries and the lemon glaze that hardens on top makes these one of the best muffins I have ever had! The texture is divine. You will find yourself craving the taste of these vegan muffins all summer long! If you love berries for breakfast, try my Vegan Triple Berry Sheet Pan Pancakes!
Why Should You Make These Mixed Berry Lemonade Muffins?
- They are easy to throw together.
- Kid and adult-approved!
- These muffins are perfectly moist and fluffy at the same time.
- The lemon glaze on top is amazing.
- You can use up some summer berries you have lying around.
Vegan Mixed Berry Lemonade Muffins
- 1/2 Cup Vegan butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup Organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon Maple syrup
- 1/4 Cup Applesauce
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 Cups All purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Non-dairy milk, unsweetened I used oat milk
- 2 Cups Mixed berries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees(F).
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the vegan butter, cane sugar and lemon zest with a hand mixer or the paddle attachment of the stand mixer, until the butter is light and fluffy.
- Add the maple syrup, applesauce and vanilla to the bowl. Continue to beat until fully combined.
- Now, in a separate medium sized mixing bowl, sift 1 3/4 cup flour, reserving the remaining 1/4 cup for later, the baking powder and baking soda. Stir in the salt.
- Then, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the non-dairy milk, beating together the whole time until everything is fully incorporated.
- Using the mixing bowl you had the dry ingredients in, toss the mixed berries with the remaining 1/4 cup of flour. Coat all the berries.
- Then pour the berries and flour into the batter and fold into the batter.
- Put muffin liners in a muffin pan. Using a large 6 muffin tin or small 12 muffin tin, fill the liners 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake, if using a smaller muffin tin for 18 to 20 minutes or larger muffins for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool completely, then make the glaze.
- Whisk together all the glaze ingredients, then generously pour on top of each muffin.
- Let the glaze harden and then enjoy!