Linguine with clam sauce was my all time favorite meal when I was a child. Weird, I know, but I was never really a fan of meat, so seafood was one of the only things I really wanted to eat as a kid. I have been craving that flavor, the saltiness of the clams and the brightness of the white wine and lemon. Topped with bright fresh parsley. All poured over some beautiful linguine. This vegan linguine with clam sauce is an almost exact replica and only takes about 15 minutes to make, the perfect weeknight meal!
I have been eyeing these seafood mushrooms and enoki mushrooms at my local Asian market for a while. Noticing that if the tops of the mushrooms were cut off they would very closely resemble little clams. When tossed with a little olive oil and kelp powder, they also taste suspiciously like clams, well as much as I can remember anyways.
This is such a quick and delicious meal. I sauteed the mushrooms with lots of garlic, olive oil and white wine. The smell of this alone made my mouth water. Tossed with so much fresh parsley and then perfect al dente linguine. Then I poured myself a glass of said white wine and feasted until my heart was content, and let me tell you, it was very content!
The exact thing you need after a long day, a quick meal that is not short on flavor. If you can’t find these little mushrooms, you can use any mushrooms, I would just look for some little ones. Or you can cut small circles out of larger ones if you are concerned about the appearance. They were super cheap at my local Asian market though, if you have one near you. Also, Whole Foods usually has them!
I hope you love this, because I love it, and it makes me so happy when you all love the food I make. I live for people’s reactions to my food! Have fun out there, kids!
Vegan Linguine with Clam Sauce
- 1 C. Enoki mushrooms, seafood mushrooms or any small variety of mushrooms
- 2 tsp. Kelp powder
- 1/4 C. + 2 tsp. Olive oil
- 3 Cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 C. White wine
- 1/4 C. Parsley, fresh (chopped)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh lemon juice(optional)
- 1 Box Linguine
- Cook linguine according to package instructions. Make sure to salt the water!
- In the meantime, cut the tops of the mushrooms off and place in a bowl. You can cut small pieces of the stems as well, they will also look clam like. Toss the mushrooms with the 2 tsp. of olive oil and the kelp powder.
- Heat the remaining 1/4 C. of olive oil in a pan on medium high. Add the garlic and reduce heat slightly to about medium. Saute garlic for a minute, then add the mushrooms.
- Saute for another minute or so, then add the white wine. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5-10 minutes to cook off the wine a bit and reduce it.
- Throw the parsley into the sauce and turn off the heat and stir. Taste and season.
- Once the linguine is done, drain and toss with the sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning, top with fresh lemon juice if you want, and maybe some vegan parm?!