I know most of us are probably going a little stir crazy. I’ve officially been stuck in my house for 20 days. When I want something bright and fresh to make my day a little easier, I turn to a vegan lemon roasted vegetable flatbread! They are so easy, and can really work with any vegetables you have on hand that need to be used up! The veggies are roasted with lemon slices, then drizzled with lemon juice and herbs once you take them out of the oven.
Then I just simply spread flatbread, pita or naan, whatever you have on hand works, with some hummus. Scoop a nice big helping of lemon roasted veggies on top of the hummus. Then the most important part, drizzle with homemade vegan green goddess dressing. I added the recipe for the green goddess dressing below too. I think the hummus with the veggies and dressing all together make this one of the tastiest healthy meals ever!
I used mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower and baby potatoes, but there are so many veggies that would work great with in this recipe!
Other Veggies I recommend:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
I generally use plain hummus, but most flavors would work. Garlic would be great, but really most any kind you have on hand will taste great. I also highly recommend toasting your flatbread first, there is nothing better than warm pita or naan! Vegan lemon roasted vegetable flatbread has been on repeat this week. It’s my new favorite way to get some protein and all the veggies in. Even though we are stuck in the house, that doesn’t mean we can’t eat amazing food!
This recipe is very easy to customize so that you can utilize whatever you have on hand. This zesty, herby, delicious meal is something you will be craving non-stop. Good thing this recipe makes 4 flatbreads! If you love roasted veggies, try one of my other favorites: Vegan Herb Butter Roasted Mushrooms and Chickpeas!
Vegan Lemon Roasted Vegetable Flatbread
Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 Cup Vegan Greek style yogurt(I used Kite Hill)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
Lemon Roasted Vegetables
- 10 Ounces Baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Head of Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 Head of Broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 Pound Baby potatoes, fingerling or any small variety
- 10 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 a Lemon, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh chives, chopped
For the Flatbread
- 4 Pieces of Naan or Pita bread
- 1/3 Cup Hummus, whatever flavor you want
- First, make the dressing. Add the yogurt, lemon juice, Dijon, garlic, parsley, chives, tarragon, salt and pepper to a blender. Pulse a few times, just to combine everything. The yogurt will thin out and become more dressing like. Put in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees(F).
- Add the mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, potatoes, garlic and lemon slices to a large bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Toss to coat all the veggies.
- Spread the veggies out on a large baking sheet. Then roast for 15 minutes. Toss and spread back out on the pan. Then roast for another 10-15 minutes or until the veggies are brown and cooked through.
- Once the veggies are done, in a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, parsley and chives. Then pour over the veggies and toss to coat.
- Then, toast the naan or pita in the oven for 3-5 minutes if desired.
- Next, spread a tablespoon or so of hummus onto one of the pieces of naan or pita. Top with a 1/4 of the veggies then drizzle with green goddess dressing. This recipe will make 4 flatbreads. Serve. You can leave flat and eat with a knife and fork, or just fold it up and eat with your hands.