I don’t think words can express how much I love Brussels sprouts! I hated them as a kid. I just think no one actually knew how to cook them. Then when I went to culinary school, we learned how to really cook brussels sprouts. Now they are one of my all time favorite veggies. These vegan “honee” balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts are to die for! The agave and balsamic vinegar create an almost caramel like sauce and I can tell you, it is definitely the right thing to do with Brussels sprouts! They make the perfect Thanksgiving side dish, but really go with almost anything and can be made for any occasion!
I love to have all the side dishes for my large holiday meals be super simple and fast. You don’t want to be in the kitchen all day long. Especially if you are having guests over. This year may look a little different while we navigate this strange year, but even if you aren’t having guests over, these sprouts are a treat!
My whole family loves them, even my 8 year old daughter! 7 ingredients, including salt and pepper, plus 20-25 minutes, and these vegan honee balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts are ready to go! They can be one of the last things you worry about for a holiday meal. I also love throwing some tofu onto the sheet pan with these Brussels sprouts and roasting the tofu at the same time to create a quick, healthy, tasty meal!
Even if you are on the fence when it comes to Brussels sprouts, I promise these will push you over the edge onto the side of being absolutely in love with them! As for all of you who think you don’t like them, you probably are like me. You just haven’t had them cooked properly! Cause these babies are tangy, salty, sweet and so dang good!
Vegan Honee Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Pound Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Agave or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees(F).
- Trim and cut the brussels sprouts, in half if they are smaller, quarter them if they are large. Add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and agave or maple syrup over the brussels sprouts and toss to coat them.
- Now sprinkle with the salt, black pepper and paprika. Toss again.
- Spread the brussels sprouts and any excess liquid evenly on a large baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until brown and tender.
- Serve immediately with fresh herbs if desired.