Whilst I was pregnant, I put fries on everything. Like seriously, everything. Salads, sandwiches, vegan omelettes, pizza. Trust me, it’s a good idea. While I was pondering my genius revelation the other day, vegan Greek tofu and fry wraps were born. Greek marinated tofu and garlic fries are baked at the same time until crispy. Then wrapped in warm pita or naan and served with a lemon garlic sauce! They are addictive, let me tell you! You can add any veggies you want to it, I just like to add arugula and red onion.
They make a perfect dinner and then a great lunch the next day. It is a simple meal prep meal as well if that is your jam. I bake the potatoes and tofu on separate pans, but at the same time. The reason for this, is that I like to dump all of the marinade for the tofu onto the pan to make sure the tofu is very flavorful. Keeping the pan with the potatoes on it dry is best for maximum crispy fry goodness. So, I don’t want the tofu marinade to get on the potatoes.
After my husband ate a vegan Greek tofu and fry wrap the other day, he asked me how I came up with this recipe. I said, fries on everything is just the way to go. I promise you will be happy this wrap is in your life! Even my daughter, who kinda hates everything loves this tofu and potato combo. She loves plain tofu, but this is flavorful enough to satisfy an adult, but still good enough for the kid who only likes salt on things.
The garlic fries she also scoffed at, but she was beyond thrilled once she tasted them! So in conclusion, this wrap is for everyone. And literally so easy, anyone can make them!
Vegan Greek Tofu and Fry Wrap
- 1 Block(15oz.) Extra firm tofu, drained and pressed*
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped fine
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 Medium Russet potatoes(or 1 large)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
Lemon Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Greek style yogurt(I used Kite Hill)
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
For the Wraps
- 4 Pieces of Naan or Pita bread
- Lettuce or arugula(optional)
- Red onion, sliced(optional)
- After pressing the tofu, cut the block of tofu into strips. Then in a large mixing bowl, combine the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Whisk.
- Add the strips of tofu to the bowl and toss to coat in the marinade. Let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- While the tofu is marinating, cut the potato(es) into strips to resemble fries. Place in a bowl and toss with the olive oil, garlic, and salt. Let sit until ready to bake.
- After the tofu has marinated, preheat the oven to 425 degrees(F).
- Place the potatoes on one sheet pan and spread out evenly, then place on the lower baking rack. Then pour the tofu, marinade and all onto a separate sheet pan and spread out evenly. Place that on the top baking rack.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip the tofu and the fries. Then bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the tofu and the fries are golden brown. You may have to remove the fries sooner than the tofu, just keep your eyes on them both.
- While the tofu and fries are baking, make the sauce. Whisk together the vegan yogurt, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- Once the tofu and fries are done, warm up some pita or naan. Fill with tofu and fries, top with sauce and greens and onions if desired.