Bananas Foster is one of my favorite desserts! The bruleed banana, the nuts, the ice cream, the rum, the hot and cold. It rocks my world. I was thinking about making a super easy granola for you guys and it hit me. Vegan Bananas Foster granola! Add all the flavors to a simple breakfast or snack granola. And honestly, this may be my favorite granola of all time. Pecan butter, pecans, rum extract, banana chips, cinnamon. It is incredible!
What Do You Need For This Granola:
- Pecan Butter: You can also use cashew or almond butter if you can’t find pecan butter, but I highly recommend pecan butter!
- Maple Syrup: Agave works too.
- Vanilla and Rum Extracts: To give it a really great bananas foster flavor.
- Salt and Cinnamon: To season it perfectly.
- Oats, Pecans and Banana Chips: These make up the granola mix.
- Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar: This is added at the end to coat and caramelize. I prefer brown sugar, but if you are trying to keep it refined sugar-free coconut sugar works.
Normally, crunchy granola is made with egg whites to give it that nice crunch once it is baked. However, this vegan granola is super crunchy just from being mixed with the pecan butter and maple syrup! Once it is baked it has the perfect crunch and can be stored in an airtight container for about a week or so. I love to eat this vegan bananas foster granola with non-dairy milk and fresh banana on top. If you want to be real fancy, you can even caramelize your banana! I promise, once you taste this granola, you’ll probably have it in your pantry all the time!
Why Should You Make This Classic Dessert Inspired Granola?
- It is super simple and fast to make.
- The perfect make ahead breakfast that should fee you all week!
- It is hands down one of the most delicious granolas on the planet.
- Kid-approved, my daughter loves it and will join me for breakfast.
- Only 10 ingredients, many of which you may already have in your pantry!
Vegan Bananas Foster Granola
- 1/3 Cup Pecan butter*
- 1/3 Cup Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Rum extract, optional
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Oats, gluten free if needed(not instant)
- 1 Cup Roasted pecans, chopped
- 1 Cup Banana chips
- 2 Tablespoons Brown sugar or coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees(F).
- In a large mixing bowl. add the pecan butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, rum extract, cinnamon and salt. Whisk until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour the oats, pecans and banana chips into the bowl. Toss with a rubber spatula to fully combine and make sure the wet mixture is evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar or coconut sugar over the granola and toss once more to coat the granola in the sugar.
- Pour the granola onto a large sheet pan lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss, then spread bake out and bake an additional 5 to 6 minutes. Or until the granola is brown and getting crunchy.
- The granola will get crunchier as it cools.
- Let cool completely, then store in an airtight container until ready to eat. Serve with non-dairy milk and fresh banana if desired.