Antipasto pasta, say that 3 times real fast.
Hear me out. This vegan antipasto pasta tastes just like an awesome antipasto platter, in pasta form! I LOVED antipasto when I was a kid. We would get pizza almost every Friday night and we would always get an antipasto platter to share. I wanted to incorporate all those flavors into the perfect vegan pasta dish. It does not disappoint! Creamy roasted red pepper sauce, olives, artichokes and radicchio! Salty, sweet and the perfect antipasto!
The roasted red pepper sauce may be my favorite part. It is creamy and beautiful. Sweet and slightly spicy. Super easy to make and incredibly delicious! This vegan antipasto pasta is really quick and easy to make, and this sauce takes like two seconds to throw together!
You can add anything you want that would normally go on an antipasto platter. Olives, peppers, artichokes, anything nice and salty really. I picked olives, artichokes and radicchio because they are my favorite! You can use whatever floats your boat though!
You’ll be craving this perfect weeknight meal pretty much all the time. The cashews to make the sauce creamy need to be soaked. So I just start soaking them the day before I want to make this. Then it’s like BAM! Done in the time it takes to cook the pasta! That’s my kind of meal!
Vegan Antipasto Pasta
- 1/2 Cup Raw cashews, soaked
- 16 Ounces Pasta, I like to use spaghetti or rigatoni
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/2 a Sweet onion, sliced
- 6 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 12 Ounce Jar Roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable broth
- 1 Cup Olives, sliced I used black olives
- 1 Cup Artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1 Cup Radicchio, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of Red pepper flakes
- The raw cashews need to be soaked for at least 8 hours, I like to soak them overnight. If you forgot and are in a pinch, you can soak them in boiling water for 20-30 minutes.
- Once you are ready to make the pasta, begin boiling water for the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- While the pasta water is boiling and the pasta is cooking, make the sauce. In a medium non stick, heat the olive oil on medium high. Then add the sliced onion and chopped garlic.
- Saute, reducing heat as needed for about 5 minutes or until the onions are cooked and beginning to caramelize.
- Next, add the roasted red peppers to the skillet and saute for another 2-3 minutes to heat everything together. Remove from heat.
- Then, drain the cashews and add them to a blender.
- Now, add the onions, garlic and peppers to the blender. As well as the vegetable broth and a pinch of salt and red pepper. Blend until the sauce is completely smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Once the pasta is done, add the pasta back to the pot and pour the creamy red pepper sauce over the pasta. Toss to coat and sprinkle with a few more pinches of salt and a pinch of red pepper.
- Now add the olives, artichokes and radicchio to the pot and toss to coat. The heat from the pasta should heat everything, but you can turn the pot on low and toss to heat everything if you need to.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve immediately. I like to top mine with fresh parsley and vegan Parmesan.