I think breakfast sandwiches might be my favorite food. Maybe that’s silly to say, but…here we are. I decided to live my best life, fully, I needed to have delicious breakfast sandwiches on hand at all times. These Tuscan vegan freezer breakfast sandwiches are super easy to make, using a sheet pan omelet. Make 12 at a time, so you can meal prep and stock your freezer. Can be made gluten-free by using gluten-free bread or English muffins. Plus, despite being a breakfast sandwich from the freezer that you warm in the microwave, they are absolutely one of the most delicious breakfast sandwiches I have ever eaten.
What You Need For These Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches:
- Vegan Egg: I used Just Egg to make the omelet squares.
- Onion, Garlic, and Baby Potatoes: These are sauteed first, and then added to the omelet.
- Sundried Tomatoes, Olives and Spinach: These are also added to the omelet, but don’t need any cooking first.
- Vegan Heavy Cream or Non-dairy Milk: Whisked with the vegan egg to create the perfect fluffy omelet texture!
- Vegan Feta or Goat Cheese: This is optional, but I like to sprinkle this on top of the omelet before baking.
- Vegan Sausage: I use Beyond or Impossible.
- Vegan Cheese: Any slices of vegan cheese you like work!
- English Muffins: Make sure they are vegan, I used Dave’s Killer Bread brand.
You all should know by now, I don’t like to do anything plain or ordinary. So I wanted to make these Tuscan vegan freezer breakfast sandwiches to give you guys all the best flavor. These vegan breakfast sandwiches are made with a sheet pan omelet that you bake all at once and then cut into 12 squares. It makes this meal prep so easy. But, in the omelet is the real magic, sautéed onion, garlic and potatoes. Spinach, sundried tomatoes and mixed olives. Topped with vegan cheese. Put together with vegan sausage and more cheese, all on an English muffin, they are shockingly yummy.
Why Should You Make These Tuscan Sheet Pan Omelet Sandwiches?
- This Tuscan sheet pan omelet is simultaneously the most delicious vegan omelet and the easiest.
- These freezer breakfast sandwiches are perfect for meal prep and will make you 12 freezer friendly breakfasts!
- You can customize them and make them with different flavored omelets.
- These only take about 30 minutes to make!
- Pop them in the microwave on your way out the door and have a healthy and hearty breakfast on the go!
Tuscan Vegan Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/3 Cup Sweet onion, diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Cup Baby potatoes, diced
- 3 Cups Vegan Egg, I used Just Egg(2 containers are about 3 cups)
- 1/2 Cup Vegan heavy cream or non-dairy milk, I used Silk whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 Cup Sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Olives, chopped(I used Kalamata and green)
- 1 Cup Fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 Cup Vegan feta or vegan goat cheese(I used Treeline "Goat" cheese), optional
- 12 Vegan English Muffins, I used Dave's Killer bread
- 12 cooked Vegan sausage patties, I used Beyond
- 12 Slices Vegan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees(F).
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil on medium high.
- Add the onions, garlic and potatoes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté, reducing heat as needed until the potatoes are starting to get tender and the onions are translucent. About 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the vegan egg, vegan cream or non-dairy milk, salt and pepper.
- Scoop the sauteed onions, garlic and potatoes into the bowl with the vegan egg.
- Then add in the sundried tomatoes, olives and spinach. Stir everything together for a minute or until fully combined.
- Pour the vegan egg(omelet) mixture into a 9 x 13 inch sheet pan that has been lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat(you can use a larger one, it just won't fill it completely, but it will work out fine!)
- Spread the omelet out evenly into the sheet, sprinkle the vegan feta or goat cheese on top of the omelet if using. Then bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the omelet is firm.
- While the omelet bakes, you can cook the vegan sausage patties however you want, depending on what kind you have.
- Once the sheet pan omelet is done, let it cool for about 5 minutes, then cut into 12 equal squares.
- Build your breakfast sandwiches, take an English muffin, slice it open, put an omelet square on the bottom, then a sausage patty, then a slice of vegan cheese. Put the top on the sandwich.
- At this point, you can eat one or as many as you want. Or, you can freeze them. Wrap each sandwich individually in parchment paper and then store them all together in a large gallon sized Ziploc bag or 2. Put them in the freezer until ready to heat and eat.
- When ready to microwave and eat, remove a sandwich from the bag and the parchment paper. Wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 1 minute, flip and microwave for 1 more minute. Let cool for a few minutes and then eat!