Vegan mocha brownies! Yes please!
How did this happen? It is somehow 2017, and time for new year’s resolutions. I know, I know, new year’s resolutions are kind of the thing we make and never stick to. I am always all like “new year, new me”. Then it takes me about a month until I am drinking a bottle of wine and eating vegan nachos on the couch in my underpants. Last year I was totally into the idea of rock climbing, and my husband and I were like, we are going to the rock gym ALL THE TIME. Well, needless to say, we never made it. Ha! This year, I really want to work more on eating clean. Let me tell you, if that is your resolution as well, I think these brownies will get you through the whole year without feeling like you are depriving yourself of any magical desserts.
These brownies somehow manage to be one of the best brownies I have ever had, so fudgey and moist, crunchy outside with a hit of coffee flavor that just does amazing work at enhancing the chocolate. All of this with just 10 ingredients, no sugar, no gluten or grains of any kind, and of course as always vegan! These brownies are pure magic, and I had to ask them this morning where they have been all my life? They were just waiting for me to discover them!
All of this really simple recipe is also done in a food processor, making this a one bowl recipe as well. Literally throwing all the ingredients and processing into a dough is another reason this recipe makes it so easy to maintain your clean eating resolution. I am super lazy, and love a good quick easy recipe that requires very little effort. I would also like to mention, that I am very aware that brownies usually have no leavening agent, however, I had to add something to boost these a little since they have no flour or anything to help thicken them up a bit, and I didn’t want them to be just fudge.
I have been coming up with a lot of clean eating ideas, and I am super excited to test them out and share them with you all! I am also really into soup ideas, since my feet are currently freezing. I love a good hot soup in the winter. So keep looking for all my super healthy recipes, as well as my regular vegan comfort foods, because, ya know, we all need a little of that every once in a while!
Vegan Clean Eating Mocha Brownies
- 8 Ounces Dark chocolate, vegan
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking soda
- 10-12 Dates, pitted
- 4 Tablespoons Flax meal
- 6 Tablespoons Water
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Instant coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine dark chocolate and cocoa powder. Pulse until the mixture is course, like small pea sized. It will take a minute.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder and dates. Process until the dates become soft and puree like, it will take another minute or so.
- Make the flax eggs, by combining the flax and water and let sit for a minute until it thickens.
- Add the flax eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, salt and instant coffee to the food processor, and continue to process mixture for a few minutes until it starts to come together and looks like a wet batter. It should still be pretty thick, but you want to make sure there are no large pieces of anything, and it looks pretty evenly combined.
- Scoop into an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment paper. Press out so it is even.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool completely, serve!