Get a skillet, immediately.
Hi, my name is Lauren and I am super lazy. This vegan red chili burrito skillet is a lazy gal’s dream! Beans and corn, sauteed with a quick homemade red chili burrito sauce. Simmered until your house smells freaking amazing. Then tossed with tortillas cut into strips. Covered with vegan cheese. It tastes like a smothered burrito in casserole form!
This is a great meal to memorize. Then you can use any filling you want or have on hand. I used black beans and corn cause it is just really simple. However, this can be made with anything. Any veggies, any protein. Whatever you would normally use in a burrito.
Then all you really need to do is whisk together the quickest and easiest burrito sauce. Very easy to find ingredients, and just a simple whisk. Then you use that as the simmering sauce for your burrito skillet filling! That is all stirred together with tortilla strips, and topped with vegan cheese that melts.
Boom! A whole meal in one pan. Serve with some crispy tortilla chips for some crunch or maybe just top with vegan sour cream and some cilantro. This is so adaptable, and can be developed to your liking. This vegan red chili burrito skillet is so freaking delicious, so freaking quick and so perfect for any night of the week!
Vegan Red Chili Burrito Skillet
Red Chili Burrito Sauce
- 15 oz. Can Tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Pinch of Cayenne(optional)
- Pinch of Salt and pepper
For the Skillet
- 2 15oz. Cans (30oz) Black beans
- 1 Can (15oz) Corn
- 4 Tortillas
- 1/2 C. Vegan cheese, I used Follow your heart
- Cilantro and vegan sour cream for garnish
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together all of the red chili burrito sauce ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning. Adding more seasoning if desired. Set aside.
- Now heat a large skillet on medium high. Then drain the black beans and corn, and then add them to the skillet.
- Stir and saute for a minute, adding a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Next, pour the red chili burrito sauce into the skillet and stir to combine the sauce with the corn and black beans.
- Now, reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes until nice and bubbly and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Then, cut the tortillas into 1/2 inch strips. Separate the tortilla strips, and add them to the skillet. Toss them with the beans, corn and sauce.
- Top with the vegan cheese. Cover and let the cheese melt for a minute.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately topped with vegan sour cream, cilantro or whatever you want. Maybe guacamole?