It doesn’t get any better than this one pot vegan creamy “beef” taco soup! Sauté your favorite vegan “beef” with peppers, garlic and onions. Season with lime juice, cumin, smoked paprika and chili powder. Then simmered in broth with corn and black beans. Add in some homemade cashew cream and then serve with your favorite taco toppings! It is very simple and even more mouth-watering. I love to serve this taco soup with some of my vegan corn salsa drop biscuits for dipping!
What You Need For This Creamy Taco Soup:
- Vegan “Beef”: I used Beyond Beef.
- Peppers, Garlic and Onion: I used sweet peppers, but bell peppers work too.
- Cumin, Smoked Paprika, Chili Powder and Lime Juice: To season the soup.
- Vegetable Broth, Crushed Tomatoes and Cashew Cream: These are the liquids for the soup.
- Black Beans and Corn: Added in towards the end to give it a real taco feel.
Serving this one pot vegan creamy “beef” taco soup with my corn salsa biscuits is the right move! However, you can also top this soup with tortilla chips, red onion, maybe some vegan sour cream, cilantro, black olives or anything you like to put on your tacos. This is a less than 30 minute meal that you can make all in one pot, so you may want to print this recipe and keep it with you!
Why Should You Make This One Pot Taco Soup?
- It is one pot and takes less than 30 minutes.
- So cozy and comforting!
- You can put all kinds of taco toppings on this soup.
- It is seriously one of the best soups I’ve ever had!
- Serve them with my corn salsa drop biscuits for the absolute best meal!
One Pot Vegan Creamy “Beef” Taco Soup
- 1 Cup Raw cashews, soaked*
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Pound(16oz) Vegan ground "beef", I used Beyond Beef
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 a Sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 Cup Sweet or bell peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon Lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 Can(15oz) Crushed tomatoes
- 4 Cups Vegetable broth
- 1 Can(15oz) Corn, drained
- 1 Can(15oz) Black beans, drained
- 1 Cup Non-dairy milk, unsweetened I used oat milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Your favorite taco toppings
- Once you have soaked your cashews and are ready to make the soup, heat the olive oil on medium high in a large soup pot.
- Add the vegan ground "beef" and break it up into chunks with a wooden spoon.
- Sauté for a minute to start to brown the "beef", then add the garlic, onion and peppers. As well as a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Continue to sauté, reducing the heat as needed until the "beef" is brown and the onions are translucent. About 5 minutes.
- Pour the lime juice into the pot, and use that to deglaze the pot and scrape any bits that are stuck to the bottom.
- Sprinkle in the cumin, smoked paprika and chili powder and stir them into the "beef".
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and vegetable broth. Stir to combine.
- Add the corn, black beans and another pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the soup simmers, make a cashew cream. Drain the cashews you soaked and then add them to a blender. Pour the non-dairy milk and a pinch of salt into the blender as well.
- Blend on high, scraping down the sides as needed until the cashew cream is completely smooth.
- Once the soup has simmered for 10 to 15 minutes, pour the cashew cream you made into the pot and stir to combine everything.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt, pepper or lime juice if needed.
- Serve with all your favorite taco toppings!