Starting a chili crisp anonymous group may be the best thing for me to do. Because, I am obsessed. I put it on everything and have yet to find something it isn’t amazing on. So when I saw THIS recipe from the NYT, I knew I had to veganize it! This incredible vegan chili crisp fettucine Alfredo is your new obsession. It is super easy and I packed the cream sauce with protein. The cream sauce is made really fast in a blender and all of this is made in the time it takes to cook the pasta!
What You Need For This Chili Crisp Pasta:
- Vegan Butter: To start the sauce.
- Chili Crisp: I love Lao Gan Ma brand!
- Silken Tofu, Vegan Cream and Plant Milk: I used oat milk and Country Crock Plant Cream.
- Miso Paste: I used white miso paste and added it to the sauce to give it a nutty flavor.
- Vegan Parmesan: I used Follow Your Heart brand.
- Baby Spinach: This is just wilted in at the end.
- Fettucine: You want to save some of the cooking water from this as well.
This vegan chili crisp fettucine Alfredo is honestly restaurant worthy! Simple, very few ingredients, fool-proof. You will want this over and over again. The combination of chili crisp with the cream sauce, vegan Parmesan and baby spinach is truly one of a kind. Totally amazing and mind-blowingly delicious. I honestly can’t stop thinking about it and constantly craving it!
Why Should You Make This Vegan Fettucine Alfredo?
- It is seriously one of the best pasta dishes I’ve ever had.
- If You love chili crisp like I do, this is the recipe for you.
- This is so incredibly fast and easy.
- You can add less spice or more depending on your preference.
- This makes the perfect easy week night meal or is fancy enough for a date night.
Incredible Vegan Chili Crisp Fettucine Alfredo
- 16 Ounces Fettucine
- 8 Ounces Silken tofu
- 1/2 Cup Non-dairy milk, unsweetened I used oat milk
- 1/2 Cup Vegan heavy cream, I used Country Crock Plant Cream(or more non-dairy milk)
- 1 teaspoon White miso paste
- 1/4 Cup Vegan butter, I used Country crock plant butter
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1-2 Tablespoons Chili crisp, I used LaoGanMa Spicy Chili Crisp
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Parmesan, I used Follow Your Heart
- 3 Cups Baby spinach
- 1/2 Cup Reserved pasta water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook the fettucine according to package directions. Making sure to reserve at least 1/2 a cup of the pasta water before you drain the pasta. Once the pasta is al dente, drain it.
- While the pasta is cooking start prepping the sauce. Add the silken tofu, non-dairy milk, vegan heavy cream, miso paste and a pinch of salt and pepper to a blender. Blend on high until the sauce is completely smooth. Set aside.
- Now, heat the vegan butter on medium high in a large non-stick skillet. Once the butter has melted, add the garlic and chili crisp(using 1 Tbsp if you want it less spicy and 2 if you want it spicier).
- Sauté, reducing heat as needed, for 2-3 minutes or until the garlic has softened.
- Then pour the cream sauce you made into the skillet and stir, let it simmer and then reduce heat to medium low.
- Once the fettucine is done, add it to the skillet and toss to coat the pasta in the sauce.
- Add the vegan parmesan to the skillet and then toss again, letting the parmesan melt into the sauce.
- Then add the spinach to the skillet and pour about 1/4 a cup of the reserved pasta water over the spinach. Then toss everything together. Let the spinach wilt.
- Now, if the sauce has thickened too much, add a little more of the pasta water until it is the consistency you want.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with extra chili crisp on top and chopped scallions if desired.