7 layer dip is one of my all time favorite snacks! So, I wanted to give you guys the flavor of 7 layer dip all inside a crispy taco. A handheld treat that you MUST dip into some vegan chipotle ranch. These crispy vegan 7 layer dip tacos are one of the greatest things in the world. Plus, the effort you need to exert to make them is pretty much non-existent. Blend together black bean, vegan cream cheese and taco seasoning. Then spread into a tortilla, layer with guacamole, salsa, black olives, lettuce and vegan cheese. Press into a hot oiled pan and make those babies crispy.
What You Need For These Crispy Tacos:
- Black Beans: These build the base layer for the tacos.
- Vegan Cream Cheese: I used Kite Hill brand.
- Taco Seasoning: You can use any store bought brand, or homemade.
- Vegan Cheddar, Black Olives, Salsa, Guacamole, and Lettuce: These build the other layers for the 7 layers dip flavors.
- Tortillas: Flour or corn of you want a gluten-free option.
- Olive Oil: To crisp up the tacos.
- Raw Cashews: These are the base for the chipotle ranch dip.
- Non-dairy Milk: I used Oat milk, but any kind will work.
- Green Onions, Dill, Parsley, Cumin, Salt, Chipotle Peppers, Adobo, and Lime Juice: These are the ingredients to make the chipotle ranch.
The vegan chipotle ranch dip is super, duper easy to make. While the crispy vegan 7 layer dip tacos are absolutely amazing all on their own, this dip is really worth the extra effort. Soak some cashews, drain them, throw them in a blender with all the other ingredients and blend until smooth. That’s it. Keep it in the fridge until ready to use. It is so so good. Pretty spicy, but not overwhelming.
Why Should You Make These Crispy AF Tacos?
- Super easy, they come together really quickly.
- They taste like heaven.
- Again, they are crispy AF.
- Chipotle ranch dip, need I say more?
- Perfect for sharing…or not.
Crispy Vegan 7 Layer Dip Tacos
Chipotle Ranch Dip
- 1 Cup Raw cashews, soaked*
- 3/4 Cup Non dairy milk, I used oat milk
- 2 Green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Chipotle in adobo
- 1 teaspoon Adobo sauce from the can
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Squeeze of Lime juice
Crispy 7 Layer Dip Tacos
- 1 Can(15oz.) Black beans, drained
- 4 Ounces Vegan cream cheese, I used Kite Hill
- 1 Tablespoon Taco seasoning
- 1/3 Cup Guacamole
- 1/3 Cup Salsa
- 1/4 Cup Black olives
- 1/3 Cup Vegan cheddar style shreds, I used Violife
- 1/3 Cup Shredded lettuce
- 8-10 Tortillas of choice, small
- 1/4 Cup Olive oil
- Make the chipotle ranch, once you have soaked your cashews, drain them and then add them to a blender.
- Then add the non-dairy milk, green onions, dill, parsley, chipotles, adobo sauce, cumin, salt and lime juice. Blend on high until completely smooth. It may take a few minutes depending on your blender.
- Put the chipotle ranch in the fridge while you make the tacos.
- Now, start the tacos. Add the drained black beans, vegan cream cheese and taco seasoning to a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is pretty smooth, but still has a bit of texture.
- Then, take a tortilla, spread about 1 tablespoon or so of the black bean mixture on half of the tortilla. Then spread about 1 teaspoon of guacamole, 1 teaspoon of salsa, a few black olives, 1 teaspoon of vegan cheese, and 1 tablespoon of lettuce on top of that.
- Fold the taco in half and press down gently. Repeat with all the tortillas. You should get 8-10 tacos, depending on the size of your tortillas.
- Now, heat the olive oil on medium high in a large non-stick skillet. Add 2-3 tacos at a time to the pan. Brown on each side for 2-4 minutes or until very brown and crispy. Repeat with all the tacos.
- Once the tacos are done, serve immediately with the chipotle ranch!