This post was sponsored by Haven’s Kitchen, I only create recipes with ingredients I truly love. Enjoy!
Today we are working with Haven’s Kitchen, using their herby chimichurri to make these homemade burgers! These chimichurri grillable vegan butter burgers are the perfect old school black bean burgers. They are anything but boring though. The patties are gluten-free and flavored with chimichurri right in the patty. Topped with melty chimichurri vegan cheese sauce. Any fixins you want and then the burger bun is brushed with melted chimichurri butter! They are so good, so flavorful and so fun!
What You Need For These Grillable Vegan Burgers:
- Black Beans: Canned or cooked.
- Cooked Rice and Oats: Brown or white rice and processed oats are used for these gluten-free burgers.
- Flax Meal: You make a flax egg to use as the binder for these burgers.
- Chimichurri: I highly recommend using Haven’s Kitchen Herby Chimichurri or you can use homemade.
- Vegan Butter: To use to make chimichurri butter for the burger buns and to start the cheese sauce.
- Vegan Burger Buns: I used Dave’s Killer Bread.
- Vegan Cheese, Flour and Non-dairy Milk: To make the chimichurri cheese sauce to top the burger.
These chimichurri grillable vegan butter burgers are so easy to make. Perfect to prep ahead, chill overnight and have ready to grill or bake when you are ready to eat. You throw everything into a food processor and then process until the mixture comes together. Then you scoop about 1/2 cup scoops form balls and then flatten into patties. Let them chill for a bit and then cook. While the patties cook, you make a quick cheese sauce. Then build your best burger!
Why Should You Make These Yummy Vegan Burgers?
- The patties are so easy and just made in a food processor.
- They are gluten-free!
- You can grill, bake or air-fry these burgers.
- The chimichurri flavor goes so well with the black beans.
- A definite must make for the summer!
Chimichurri Grillable Vegan Butter Burgers
For The Patties
For The Cheese Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan butter, I used Country crock plant butter
- 2 Tablespoons All purpose flour*
- 1 Cup Non-dairy milk
- 6 Ounces Vegan white cheese, I used Violife Provolone
- 1/3 Cup Chimichurri
For The Rest of The Burger
- 6 Vegan burger buns
- 1/2 a Red onion, diced
- 4 Tablespoons Vegan butter
- 1 Tablespoon Chimichurri
- First make the patties. Start by making a flax egg. In a small bowl, whisk together the flax meal and water. Let sit while you start the rest of the patty ingredients.
- Once you drain the 2 cans of black beans, add them to a food processor. Then add in the rice, oat flour, chimichurri, salt, and pepper. Then add the flax egg.
- Process the ingredients until the mixture comes together and most of the ingredients are broken down, but you still have some texture left.
- Take the black bean mixture and scoop about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the mixture out. Roll into a ball, and then flatten out into a patty shape. Place on parchment paper.
- Repeat with all the mixture, you should get 6 to 7 patties. Let them chill for about 30 minutes, but you can make them the night before and let them chill overnight.
- When ready to make the burgers, you can brush them with a little bit of oil, and grill for about 8 to 10 minutes per side.
- Or, you can preheat the oven to 375 degrees(F). Then bake for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the burgers cook make the cheese sauce.
- Heat the vegan butter on medium high in a medium sized sauce pan. Once it has melted, add the flour and whisk to combine.
- Then add the non-dairy milk and whisk to combine, making sure there are no lumps.
- Let simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, whisking constantly until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the vegan cheese and whisk to melt the cheese into the sauce. Once the cheese has completely melted, add the chimichurri and whisk to combine until the sauce is smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding a bit of salt and pepper if needed. Leave on low heat until ready to use.
- Then make chimichurri butter, melt the 4 tablespoons of butter in the microwave and then add the 1 tablespoon of chimichurri. Whisk to combine.
- Once the burger patties are done, make your burgers. Take a burger bun, brush the inside and outside with the chimichurri butter.
- Put a patty on the bun, top with the cheese sauce, red onion, lettuce and pickles.
- Serve immediately!