This post sponsored by JORD Wooden Watches. The coolest watches of all time!
The Holidays are creeping ever so close. What are my 2 favorite things about the holidays you ask? Number 1: Giving gifts,(more specifically, super cool watches). Number 2: Food, obviously(more specifically, delicious cakes). Seriously. There is nothing I find more satisfying than giving other people amazing gifts and giving the food I make. So today, we are going to talk about cake and the perfect gift. This vegan sweet potato maple bourbon cake is the best cake. Period.
The best gift? The wooden watches from JORD! I took gifting to a whole new level this year, by giving my husband this beautiful Dover series Ebony and Copper wood watch! They create custom sizing for you, and you can even get them engraved! My husband literally gasped when he opened the watch box, and he doesn’t get that excited about much! He also said I had totally outdone him this year, and he needed to rethink his gift idea! Here is the link to his watch!
He put it on immediately and won’t take it off! They have perfect women’s watches and the most unique men’s watches I have ever seen. If you are interested in making your loved ones just as happy as I made mine, here is the link to the men’s shop! Here is the link to the women’s shop! The most exciting part about this whole thing(besides the cake recipe) is that JORD was kind enough to give all my readers a Holiday instant coupon! You can go to this link, and get an instant 25% off. That is crazy awesome! The instant 25% off code ends December 19th, 2017. So you have plenty of time to shop!
So back to cake! My other favorite thing! Mashed sweet potatoes, maple syrup, bourbon and some pecans. What could possibly be better? This cake is incredibly easy, and will ruin you for all other holiday cakes! You can drizzle it with more maple syrup or a vanilla glaze. Beautiful and impressively scrumptious, you know, to impress your picky judgmental aunt.
Vegan Sweet Potato Maple Bourbon Cake
- 1 C. Brown sugar
- 1/3 C. Vegan butter, I used Earth Balance, room temperature
- 1/2 C. Maple syrup
- 1 1/2 C. Sweet potato, cooked
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 3/4 C. All purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Cloves
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 3/4 C. Almond milk or other non dairy milk
- 1/3 C. Bourbon
- 3/4 C. Pecans, chopped, divided
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whip together the brown sugar and vegan butter until fully combined and fluffy.
- Now add the maple syrup, sweet potato and vanilla. Continue to whip until fully combined and there are no chunks of sweet potato in the mixture. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- Now add the dry mixture to the wet a little at a time, alternating with the almond milk. Using your mixer on low to combine. Once all of the almond milk is added, add the bourbon.
- When all of the dry mixture and the almond milk and bourbon have been added, make sure everything thing is fully combined. Then fold in 1/2 cup of the pecans.
- Now spray a bundt pan with non stick spray( or whatever pan you plan to use) then sprinkle the remaining 1/4 Cup of pecans on the bottom. Pour the batter on top and smooth out.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool, invert onto serving plate. Top with more maple syrup or a vanilla glaze. Or just vegan whipped cream!