It’s like a party in a skillet (a very small party)!
My goodness, this creamy, dreamy, quick and easy spinach alfredo skillet lasagna is so damn delicious, you may not be able to stop eating it! The lazy persons way to make lasagna, because, let’s be honest, large pieces of pasta are better than small pieces of pasta, and we all need a quick way to gobble up some large pieces of pasta.
A super simple vegan alfredo sauce is the base for this dish. No soaking cashews or anything! Then throw in some garlic and spinach, and you have the best dang sauce ever! Takes no time at all, and you will have something so amazing, you may shed a tear.
This alfredo sauce is just made with your favorite non dairy milk, thickened with a roux. Then add in some nutritional yeast to make it extra cheesy, some white wine, and lemon juice! It tastes like the real thing. Then toss in spinach that has been sauteed in garlic, then some cooked lasagna sheets. I like to cut mine into smaller pieces so I can just shove them in my mouth!
Once all that is tossed together, just top it with some vegan mozzarella, if you want, melt that, and eat it! The laziest/best way to eat lasagna! Not to mention, spinach and alfredo is one of my very favorite things! I used to order spinach alfredo pizzas when I was a kid, and they were my fave. This is a great way to get one of my favorite flavors without any of those pesky animal products!
Also, spinach is totally good for you. Right? So eat more spinach(drenched in vegan alfredo sauce). There is nothing better to eat, I promise! So share with someone you love!
Vegan Spinach Alfredo Skillet Lasagna
- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- 6 oz. Fresh spinach
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/4 C. Vegan butter, I used Earth Balance
- 1/4 C. All purpose flour
- 2 C. Almond milk, or other non dairy milk
- 1/4 C. White wine(optional)
- 2 Tbsp. Nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. Lemon juice
- 1/3 C. Vegan Mozzarella, I used Trader Joe's(optional_
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 12 oz. Lasagna sheets(about 3/4 of a 16oz. box)
- Start boiling water for the lasagna sheets. Cook according to package directions.
- Once the lasagna sheets are cooking. saute the spinach. Heat the olive oil in a large non stick skillet on medium high. Add the garlic and spinach. Season with a bit of salt and pepper. Then just wilt the spinach, it should only take a minute or so. Remove the spinach from the pan.
- Make the alfredo sauce in the same pan: reduce heat to low and add the vegan butter, melt it, and add the flour. Whisk together and cook for a minute until it thickens a bit.
- Then add in the almond milk, and white wine(if using). Whisk and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for a few minutes until it has thickened.
- Now add the nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. I felt like it needed a lot of salt.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Once the lasagna sheets are done, drain. Then add the spinach into the alfredo sauce. Then I used kitchen shears to cut the lasagna sheets into smaller pieces, but you can add them whole or tear them.
- Toss the pasta sheets into the sauce. Then top with vegan mozzarella. Cover the skillet and let the vegan cheese melt for a few minutes.
- Serve immediately.