Day Ten of 12 Days of Vegan Christmas Cookies!
These vegan soft batch funfetti cookies are the best all year round. However, my favorite thing is using Christmas colored sprinkles for a winter treat. These super cute cookies are super soft on the inside and have a nice crunch on the outside. They even stay soft after sitting around for a few days. Super easy to throw together and so fast. I love to make them as a last minute gift or for a spur-of-the-moment cookie exchange! Only 10 ingredients and the sprinkles can be changed up for the seasons. Win-win!
What You Need For These Incredibly Soft Cookies:
- A lot of Butter and a lot of Sugar: To make these cookies soft and delicious.
- Flax meal + Water and Applesauce: These replace the eggs in this recipe. This is the best combination for flavor/texture.
- Vanilla: To create a nice almost cake-like flavor.
- Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt: The ratio of these dry ingredients helps these cookies be the best ever!
- Sprinkles: Some sprinkles aren’t vegan, so make sure to find a brand you like. I like Sweetapolita and Fancy Sprinkles!
The way I see it, there is a way to create the perfect holiday cookie box. Just like a cheese board, you need texture variety. Then you need flavor variety. You need crunchy cookies, fruit cookies, chocolate cookies and you definitely need soft cookies. That is where these vegan soft batch funfetti cookies come into play. They really complete any box or platter of cookies. They are also one of the few types of cookies I can never get enough of!
Why Should You Make These Fun(fetti) Cookies?
- 10 ingredients, mostly from your pantry.
- So festive!
- Soft cookies are the best cookies.
- They taste almost like cake, which is obviously amazing.
- Everyone will fall in love with these cookies!
Soft inside, crunchy outside, super festive cookies
- 2 Tablespoons Flax meal
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 1 1/3 Cups Vegan butter, room temperature(I used country crock plant butter)
- 1 1/2 Cups Organic cane sugar
- 1/4 Cup Applesauce
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 3 1/2 Cups All purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Red and green sprinkles, vegan(I used Sweetapolitas)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees(F).
Make a flax egg. In a small bowl, whisk together the flax meal and water. Let sit for 2-3 minutes to thicken. Set aside.
Then, in a large mixing bowl, add the vegan butter and cane sugar. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat together until light and fluffy.
Now add the flax egg you made, the applesauce and the vanilla. Continue to mix together until fully combined.
Next, in a medium sized mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in the salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time. Mixing with the mixer until everything is fully incorporated. It may seem crumbly as you mix, it will be perfect once everything is fully mixed together.
Pour the sprinkles into the bowl with the cookie dough and fold them into the dough.
I like to make my cookies large, and I usually do about 2 tablespoons of dough for these cookies, but you can make them a bit smaller if you want. Roll the dough into a ball and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with non-stick spray.
If they are large place about 3 inches apart, if they are smaller about 2 inches apart. Repeat with all the dough, you will probably need to do several batches.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are getting slightly brown. They will still be very light in color and soft.
Let cool and serve. They keep well in the fridge for about a week.