Vegan roasted butternut squash linguine Alfredo is the best thing to happen to fall!
Squash, okay, let’s talk squash. I have a love hate relationship with squash. For me, it really depends on the type of squash and how it’s cooked. It can be either terrible or amazing! Turns out, roasting butternut squash with garlic and blending it to make a cheesy sauce is out of control delicious! This vegan roasted butternut squash linguine Alfredo is one of my favorite fall meals of all time.
It’s so dang easy, and pretty dang healthy even though it tastes as decadent as a meal could get! Roasting the butternut squash and garlic until beautifully brown then blending into the creamiest sauce I’ve ever come across is so simple, anyone who doesn’t know how to cook could do it! It’s also naturally gluten-free if you use your favorite gluten-free pasta.
I love using fruits and veggies that are in season, and will be attempting to find the best ways to use all the squash. I’m lazy and love finding already prepped and cut squash, and Trader Joe’s happens to have already cubed and washed butternut squash in bags. Cubing butternut squash isn’t difficult, but I do recommend if you want things to be even easier, you try to get your hands on some already prepped!
Once you have your butternut squash prepped, just dump it on a sheet pan with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast it and cook pasta at the same time, make the sauce. Toss and serve! I love topping this vegan roasted butternut squash linguine Alfredo with vegan Parmesan and maybe some herbs. So, so, so good!
Vegan Roasted Butternut Squash Linguine Alfredo
- 1 pound Peeled and cubed Butternut squash, about 4 cups
- 8-10 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 12 Ounces Linguine
- 1/2 Cup Firm tofu (not extra firm)
- 1/3 Cup Nutritional yeast
- 3/4 Cup Non dairy milk, I used soy milk
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees(F).
- Put the cubed butternut squash and the garlic cloves on a large baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over the butternut squash and garlic, then sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Then toss to coat all the squash and garlic.
- Roast the butternut squash and garlic for 15 minutes, remove from oven, stir and flip. Then roast for 15 more minutes or until the squash and garlic are golden brown.
- In the meantime, bring water to a boil for the linguine, then cook the linguine according to package directions. Drain when done.
- Once the squash and garlic are done, add them to a blender. Then add the tofu, the nutritional yeast, the non-dairy milk, cinnamon and a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Blend on high, scraping down the sides as needed until the sauce is totally smooth. It may take a minute or 2. If you are having a hard time getting the blender going, add a splash more non-dairy milk to get it started.
- Once the linguine and the sauce are done, add the linguine back to the pot, pour the sauce on top and toss to coat. Taste and adjust seasonings. It may need more salt and pepper.
- I like to serve with some vegan sausages and/or vegan Parmesan!