Pralines, polenta, pancakes, where have you been all my life?
Looking for something a little different for breakfast? Something that will make you go, “hot damn, that is delicious”! This Fall and Winter, you NEED to try these vegan praline polenta pancakes. The cornmeal forms a perfect crispy crust on the outside. They are creamy and moist on the inside. The perfect amount of sweetness from the brown sugar and pecans. They are some of the best pancakes I have EVER had. They just happen to be cruelty free!
The base for these pancakes is super easy, and you can switch up the flavors for all seasons. I just really want to eat all the carbs for breakfast when it is cold, so these are a dream for me. The introduction of the cornmeal into these pancakes is something so different than I am used to, and I could not stop eating them! It gives them the perfect texture!
These polenta pancakes are super appropriate for all holiday morning breakfasts! This recipe makes a lot of pancakes, but you can always double the recipe if you have a large amount of hungry mouths to feed! I think my favorite thing about these polenta pancakes is the crispy outside. That has an amazing corn flavor. Brown sugar and pecans go surprisingly well with corn. I know, shocking! However, it is true. These pancakes are something special and you deserve something special, because you are awesome!
I hope you share these with some amazing people who also deserve some breakfast majesty! Praline flavor. Corn meal crustiness. Fluffy. Rich. Total perfection. Drench them in some maple syrup and dig in!
Vegan Praline Polenta Pancakes
- 1 1/4 C. All purpose flour
- 3/4 C. Corn meal
- 1/4 C. Brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/4 C. Almond milk or non dairy milk of choice
- 1 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. Flax meal
- 6 Tbsp. Water
- 3 Tbsp. Vegetable oil or coconut oil(melted)
- 2/3 C. Pecans, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, corn meal, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Whisk and let sit for a minute.
- While that is sitting whisk together the flax meal and water in a small bowl. Let thicken to make flax eggs. Then add into the almond milk mixture. Then add the oil. Whisk to combine all the wet ingredients.
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk to fully combine.
- Now stir in the chopped pecans.
- Heat a griddle or non stick pan on high. Spray with non stick spray. Reduce heat as needed.
- Scoop as much of the batter into the pan to make as large of a pancake as you want. Fully cook on one side, then flip and cook on the other. Make all the pancakes and serve with more pecans and maple syrup.