*Changes relationship status* In a relationship with vegan orange tofu lettuce wraps.
Need a super easy and quick, healthy lunch and dinner idea that is also perfect for meal prep so you can take it for lunch all week? I’ve got you covered! These vegan orange tofu lettuce wraps will make everyone else jealous. I have been eating these for lunch like crazy! I work from home, but I thought it would be incredibly easy to place lettuce and veggies in one part of a plastic container, and then the tofu in another part. To keep it fresh, then just put together your lettuce wraps when you are ready to eat!
This orange tofu tastes amazing hot or cold, so you really don’t even need to reheat it if you don’t want. Also, I recommend dipping in some soy sauce! It is fantastic! The sauce is light and fresh and more importantly, refined sugar free. I like to use fresh squeezed orange juice and zest, but you can definitely use store bought orange juice of you want!
I like to press my tofu out first to get a lot of the liquid out, but that is literally the only thing that takes more than 5 minutes. If you can press your tofu for like 15 minutes, it will firm up a lot faster in the pan and get super tasty! The sauce is mixed separately, then just added to the pan once the tofu has cooked. It thickens almost immediately, then you are ready to make wraps! That’s it!
This recipe makes so much, you can definitely feed a family, or yourself for the week! This healthy, low calorie meal will be a hit!
Lettuce wraps have always been one of my go to lunches, when I want something healthy and quick. That doesn’t mean they have to lack flavor, at all, and these vegan orange tofu lettuce wraps DO NOT disappoint!
Vegan Orange Tofu Lettuce Wraps
- 1 Block Extra firm tofu
- 1/2 C. Orange juice, I used fresh squeezed
- 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Agave
- 1 tsp. Orange zest
- 2 tsp. Corn starch
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. Ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Bibb lettuce or any large leaf lettuce
- Green onions, chopped
- Carrots, grated
- Sesame seeds
- Soy sauce
- First press the tofu, place the block on a paper towel, cover with another paper towel, and place something heavy on top. Let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- While the tofu is being pressed, make the sauce. Add the orange juice, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, agave, orange zest and corn starch to a small mixing bowl. Whisk until the corn starch has dissolved. Set aside.
- When the tofu is ready. heat the sesame oil on high in a wok or non stick skillet. Add the garlic and ginger, then crumble the tofu into the pan. Break up any large pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Saute on high, reducing heat as needed until the tofu is brown a bit and firm, about 8-10 minutes. Add salt, and stir.
- Now pour the sauce into the pan, reduce heat to medium low, stir to coat the tofu. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Let tofu cool a bit, then assemble your wraps. Spoon a little orange tofu into a piece of lettuce, then top with green onions, carrots, and sesame seeds. If you want, and dip into soy sauce if it strikes your fancy!