Pot pie and noodles get married and live happily ever after.
Vegan One Pot Vegetable Pot Pie Noodles are getting me through this last stretch of summer. It may still be August, but I am loving this one pot super comfort food! This easy and quick noodle dish tastes exactly like a pot pie. Green beans, carrots and corn. A little nutmeg to make this luscious cream sauce even better. Noodles and veggies cooked all together in the sauce. Making this effortless. With very little clean up as well. You will want to try these.
I used fresh veggies to make these vegetable pot pie noodles. I love using fresh veggies in place of what would normally be canned or frozen. After a quick saute with some garlic, they finish cooking with the noodles in some veggie broth and then some non dairy milk.
I used oat milk for these vegan one pot vegetable pot pie noodles. It is so thick and creamy, but whatever your favorite non dairy milk is, will do. I have tried it with almond milk too, and it was also delicious. This whole one pot meal takes maybe a total of 20 minutes from start to finish. My favorite kind of dinner!
When serving these vegan one pot vegetable pot pie noodles, I like to sprinkle toasted bread crumbs on top. It makes it taste even more like a veggie pot pie! Vegetables, creamy sauce, nutmeg, thyme, noodles. So freaking amazing! I love to use these no egg noodles. To me they scream comfort food! You should be able to find some in your local grocery store. I have Publix in my area, and they have their own brand of no egg noodles. Walmart also has their own brand!
Vegan One Pot Vegetable Pot Pie Noodles
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 C. Green beans, halved
- 1 C. Carrots, chopped
- 1 C. Corn
- 7 C. (56oz.) Vegetable broth
- 16 oz. Noodles, I used No egg pasta ribbons
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 C. Non dairy milk, I used oat milk
- 1 Tbsp. Corn starch
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil on medium high. Then add in the chopped garlic. Saute for a minute.
- Then add in the green beans, carrots and corn. Stir, and season with a little salt and pepper. Saute for about 2 minutes. Reducing heat as needed.
- Now pour in the vegetable broth, and bring to a boil.
- Next, stir in the noodles and the thyme and nutmeg. Reduce heat slightly and simmer until the noodles are done(check package instructions), and a lot of the liquid has been absorbed.
- When the noodles are almost done, reduce heat to low. Season with a bit more salt and pepper. Then stir in the non dairy milk.
- Let simmer to finish cooking the noodles, and make a corn starch slurry. In a small bowl, whisk together the corn starch and water. Then pour it into the pot. Stir to combine and let simmer for another minute to thicken it up.
- Now taste and adjust seasonings, adding more of anything it needs. Serve immediately!