I don’t know about you, but I have no time in the morning, at least during the week. I have to get my kid to school, and then I usually go for a run, and then don’t sit down the rest of the day. I create recipes, I do photo shoots, I write, and I do marketing. All day. I made these vegan nutty mocha granola bars for you, as a shout out to all those busy people out there that need a grab and go breakfast!
These vegan nutty mocha granola bars are gluten free, refined sugar free, full of protein, and even a little dose of caffeine! I definitely always need that! If I don’t have something quick, I will forget to eat. Then when I get really tired, I realize I haven’t had coffee yet. These granola bars are the perfect morning pick me up!
These granola bars are insanely easy. This recipe makes about 12-14 granola bars, making this the perfect thing to make on Sunday to eat all week long! I have been trying to do a lot more meal prep on Sunday, just to make my life a lot easier.
All you have to do to make these bars, is toast the nuts and oats. Then while they are in the oven, you melt the vegan butter, agave, coconut sugar and vanilla on the stove. You then just pour the syrup over the oats and nuts. Stir, press into a pan, and then let cool. No need to rebake them. The process takes 10-15 minutes. That is right up my alley!
If you want to speed up the process, just place in the freezer for about 30 minutes. If you are in no rush, you can just place in the fridge until ready to eat! Then they are dipped in dark chocolate mixed with instant espresso powder! So delicious! I hope you enjoy!
Vegan Nutty Mocha Granola Bars
- 2 1/2 C. Quick cooking oats, Gluten free
- 1/2 C. Peanuts
- 1/2 C. Almonds
- 1/2 C. Cashews
- 1/4 C. Vegan butter, I used Earth Balance
- 1/4 C. Agave nectar
- 1/3 C. Coconut sugar or organic sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 8 oz. Dark chocolate, vegan
- 2 tsp. Instant espresso powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the oats and nuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the oats and nuts smell fragrant and toasty.
- While the oats and nuts toast, make the syrup, in a small sauce pan, combine the vegan butter, agave, sugar, vanilla and salt. Heat on medium, whisking to combine. Bring to a simmer, reduce to low, and simmer for a minute until everything is melted and combined together. Remove from heat.
- Once the oats and nuts are done, pour into a bowl, then pour the syrup over the oats and nuts. Using a rubber spatula, stir to combine evenly and coat all the oats and nuts with the syrup.
- Press into an 9x13 inch pan lined with parchment paper. Press in evenly, you can use another piece of parchment paper on top to press down. Place in the fridge and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Once the granola bars are chilled. Cut down the middle lengthwise, then into strips the other direction. However thick you want the bars to be.
- Now, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted. Then stir in the espresso powder. Now dip, drizzle or dunk each bar into the chocolate mixture. Chill for another 30 minutes or so. Then they are ready to eat. You can store in the fridge to eat all week long!