It’s the most wonderful time of the year. That means, it’s cookie time! These vegan monster cookies are the perfect holiday treat. I put red and green chocolate candies in them, but you can do any colors you want and make them for all the holidays. On top of the chocolate candies, these beauties have oats, pretzels, white chocolate and dark chocolate! They truly are monsters. Sweet and salty, soft and moist. My family can put these away. This recipe will make 1 dozen huge cookies, or if you are wanting to put them in cookie tins, you can make 2 dozen smaller cookies.
What You Need For These Vegan Cookies:
- All purpose Flour, Cornstarch, Baking Soda and Salt: Sift these dry ingredients together first.
- Vegan Butter: I like Earth Balance and Country Crock Plant Butter.
- Cane Sugar and Brown Sugar: To give the cookies a nice rich flavor.
- Applesauce and Non-dairy Milk: To replace any egg that would normally be used.
- Oats, Vegan White Chocolate, Vegan Dark Chocolate, Vegan Chocolate Candies, Pretzels: These are all the add ins to make these monster cookies.
I really enjoy being lazy and just whipping up cookie dough and throwing it in the oven. However, I highly recommend chilling the dough for these vegan monster cookies for at least 2 hours. The outcome is for sure worth the wait. They are plump and the texture is incredible. The actual active time for making these cookies is only a few minutes, then let them chill until you are ready to bake them. You can even prep them the day before.
Why Should You Make These Monster Treats?
- They are very easy to make.
- Customize the color for the occasion!
- Sweet and salty is my jam.
- They stay soft and moist.
- These cookies are super fun to make!
Vegan Monster Cookies
- 2 Cups + 2 Tbsp All purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 3/4 Cup Vegan butter, room temperature
- 3/4 Cup Organic cane sugar
- 3/4 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup Applesauce
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Non-dairy milk, unsweetened I used oat milk
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- 1/2 Cup Mini pretzels, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Vegan white chocolate, I used King David Brand*
- 1/2 Cup Vegan chocolate chips, I used Enjoy Life
- 1/2 Cup Vegan chocolate candies(M&M type), I used Choco No No's
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, cornstarch and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, begin to beat the butter with a hand mixer or the paddle attachment for the stand mixer. Beat the butter until fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cane sugar and brown sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy. About 2 minutes.
- Next add the applesauce and vanilla. Continue to beat just to combine everything.
- Add about 1 cup of the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and begin to beat to combine.
- Then add the non-dairy milk and continue to beat together, leaving the hand mixer or stand mixer on continue adding the dry ingredients a little at a time until everything has been fully incorporated.
- Add the oats and beat briefly once more to incorporate the oats.
- Pour the pretzels, white chocolate, chocolate chips and chocolate candies into the bowl with the dough. Fold everything into the cookie dough.
- You now want to chill the dough in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but you can make the dough the day before you want to bake the cookies and chill the dough over night.
- Once you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees(F).
- You can make either 12 giant cookies or 24 smaller cookies with this recipe. I recommend either using a large ice cream scoop or small cookie scoop, then rolling the dough into balls with your hands and placing them on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Making sure the cookies are at least 2 inches apart.
- You don't need to press the cookies down, leave them in balls. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes for smaller cookies or 15 to 18 minutes for larger cookies.
- Let cool completely then serve! They keep well in the fridge for about 2 weeks.