The traditional Green Goddess dressing is a childhood favorite of mine. It is so delicious, but it contains anchovies and mayo. There are some great vegan brands that make amazing Green Goddess dressings! I however wanted to pay homage to this beautiful creation by making it into a healthy vegan entree! So here goes nothing!
I decided the perfect vessel for all the flavors of the Green Goddess would be some super delicious, creamy vegan mac n’ cheese! I was correct in this assumption. It not only has those flavors I have been craving, but it is super quick, healthy, and filling!
Customarily, Green Goddess dressing has chives, parsley, tarragon and lemon juice. So I used all of those flavors with my standard super creamy and incredible vegan cheese sauce to make it even more incredible. When I take one bite to taste test something, and then I take another and another, I know something is amazing. That is exactly what happened.
This recipe takes about as much time as it does to boil your pasta, making this the best weeknight meal ever! You do have to soak the cashews for this sauce, but I just do that before I go to sleep and leave them overnight. Then when I am ready to make this vegan mac n’ cheese, they are ready for me. At this point the only effort spent is blending the sauce together.
You can even make this sauce ahead of time to meal prep. Then cook the pasta, stir together and you are ready to go! This is also a cheap, healthy meal! I love to get my raw cashews at Trader Joe’s, they are so much cheaper than anywhere else. If you have one near you, I highly recommend it.(they don’t sponsor me, I just really like Trader Joe’s!)
I hope you enjoy this amazing rendition of some classics intertwining! Have fun!
Vegan Green Goddess Mac n' Cheese
- 1 C. Cashews, raw (soaked for at least 8 hours)
- 1/2 C. Almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. Nutritional yeast
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 3 Tbsp. Tarragon, fresh
- 1/2 C. Chives, fresh
- 1/2 C. Parsley, fresh
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Box Pasta of choice
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In the meantime, drain the cashews that have been soaking, then add the remaining ingredients to a blender. Blend on high until nice and smooth. May take a few minutes. You may need to scrap down a few times. Taste and adjust seasoning. You can add more lemon juice if it needs more acid. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pot. Pour the sauce over the pasta and mix. Serve immediately.