Valentine’s day is right around the corner, and have I got the perfect dessert for you! This recipe is 7 ingredients, takes about 15-20 minutes, and makes just the right amount for two little cakes. My vegan gooey chocolate Merlot pudding cakes are so sexy, so easy, and I promise, one of the best things you will ever eat! Also, you can always just make one cake if you are riding solo(I’ve been there)!
These ooey gooey little cakes are whipped up really quickly, baked in two ramekins, and ready so fast for your Valentine’s dessert, or really any time! The combination of rich dark chocolate and red wine is so luscious, and perfect for date night. I immediately fell in love with this dessert, and pssst…I almost ate both cakes all by myself and had to talk myself into sharing….don’t tell anyone!
What is more romantic than chocolate and red wine, probably nothing. This rich and decadent dessert, is creamy and pudding like in the center, and has a firm and cake like outside. It is served piping hot, and would be beautiful with a bit of whipped coconut cream or vegan vanilla ice cream! This recipe is pretty much impossible to mess up, and there are so many options for how to serve them!
Do you like to go out for Valentine’s day? Or are you like us, and like to skip the crowds and make something special at home? This will definitely be our dessert for this year. I will also be sharing our appetizer and entree selection, so stayed tuned, but ya know, I like dessert first!
Pudding cake might sound a little strange, but trust me, you really can’t go wrong with warm gooey cake. It is so friggin’ good. So, whether it be self love or sharing the love, this cake will make you feel all warm and tingly inside. Give it a try!
Tools I used:
HIC 6-ounce Porcelain Souffle 3.5-inch Set of 6
3 Piece Mixing Bowl Set
KitchenAid KHM512ER 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer, Empire Red
- 4 oz. Dark chocolate, vegan
- 2 Tbsp. Vegan butter, I use Earth Balance
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 4 Tbsp. Flax meal
- 6 Tbsp. Water
- 2 Tbsp. Red wine, Merlot or whatever kind you like
- 3 Tbsp. All purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the dark chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate has melted. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat together the vegan butter and sugar.
- Make flax eggs by mixing together the flax and water in a small bowl, set aside for a minute to thicken. Add to the butter and sugar mixture. Beat until combined.
- Add the red wine, and then the flour. Stir until fully combined.
- Now add the chocolate, and fold just until combined, don't over mix.
- Take two ramekins, and grease the insides with vegan butter, then put about 1/2 tsp. of sugar into the ramekin and roll around to coat the inside.
- Fill each ramekin evenly, about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 11-13 minutes, until the outside is set and starts to pull away from the sides.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes, then flip ramekins over onto plates. The cake should slide right out.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped coconut cream and berries. Or whatever you want, really!
- If the cake doesn't slide right out, run a knife around the edges, and it should slide out easily!
- You can bake a little longer if you want more cake than pudding texture!