Creamy, dreamy, warm and snuggly. These mashed potatoes are here for you.
Mashed potatoes are one of my favorite foods. I just want to snuggle up with some super creamy, dreamy vegan mashed potatoes, like all the time. Obviously, we all need some super snuggly mashed potatoes for the holiday season. Even us vegans. I made mine a little extra special this year, by making some super garlic ranch mashed potatoes! They may be the best I have ever had. The ranch seasoning goes so well with mashed potatoes, you will wonder how you ever ate them any other way!
Starting with the perfect potato, then lots of vegan butter and non dairy milk, then a simple ranch seasoning mix you make all on your own. Note: also perfect to make a quick ranch dip with some vegan sour cream.
Okay, guys. Pro tip: I have literally not actually mashed a potato in a long time. The only way I do it is with a hand mixer. Just add the non dairy milk and vegan butter to the potatoes, then whip with a hand mixer like you are making frosting. They are perfect and fluffy and creamy every time. With like, zero effort.
No holiday is a holiday until there are mashed potatoes. These are the mashed potatoes you need. Note: They go perfectly with my Vegan Apple Cider Maple Glazed Tofu! Just saying!
This is my second installment for holiday food. Watch out for my other perfect holiday mains, sides and desserts! I will have a round up of everything on the Friday before Thanksgiving for all your cooking and planning needs! However, if you make nothing else off the list, these garlic ranch mashed potatoes should be on your table!
Vegan Garlic Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- 3 lbs. Potatoes, russet
- 1/2 C. Almond milk or other non dairy milk
- 3/4 C. Vegan butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Chives
- 1 tsp. Dill
- 2 tsp. Onion powder
- 2 tsp. Parsley
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- Peel and chop potatoes.
- Place in a large pot of cold water and bring to a boil.
- Boil potatoes for 15-25 minutes or until very tender and easy to smash. Drain and return to pot.
- Now add the almond milk and vegan butter. Either mash with a potato masher, or use my favorite trick and whip with a hand mixer.
- Whip or mash until completely smooth and creamy. Now add all the seasonings.
- Stir until fully combined. Serve immediately with vegan butter or gravy. Or place in a crock pot on low to keep warm if serving for a large party.