This vegan curry summer vegetable soup hits all the notes I want in summer. A tad spicy, creamy and definitely comforting. Still light enough for summer with the perfect summer veggies. Yellow squash and zucchini make up the bulk of the veggies in this soup. I love to add baby potatoes too. I know adding vermicelli seems like a carb overload, but believe me, it is so dang good! This soup is quick and easy, so it makes the perfect weeknight meal. It is also incredibly delicious, and will impress anyone.
What You Need For This Summer Time Soup:
- Coconut Oil: To start the soup.
- Shallots, Garlic and Ginger: These are sautéed first to begin all the good flavors in this soup.
- Red Curry Paste: I use Thai Kitchen brand. It is vegan, not all curry pastes are vegan, so check the packaging.
- Baby potatoes, Yellow Squash and Zucchini: These are the veggies that go in the soup and make it so darn good.
- Veggie Broth and Coconut Milk: These make up the liquid for the soup.
- Vermicelli: These rice noodles are the perfect complement to this soup and they keep it gluten-free.
- Agave Syrup and Soy Sauce or Liquid Aminos: To add some sweetness and saltiness. Use tamari or liquid aminos if you want to keep it gluten-free.
One of my favorite things to add to this vegan curry summer vegetable soup is fried garlic. It adds a really amazing flavor. It takes only a few seconds to fry some garlic and take this soup to the next level. I know this soup will be on regular rotation throughout the summer and you may even want to keep this recipe on hand to use with different veggies all year long.
Why Should You Make This Incredible Soup?
- Easy to make.
- Healthy, but still comforting.
- It’s insanely delicious.
- Potatoes and noodles? Yes.
- Very easy to find ingredients.
Vegan Curry Summer Vegetable Soup
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut oil
- 2 Shallots, chopped
- 6 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, grated
- 12 Ounces Baby potatoes, halved if they are large
- 1 Tablespoon Thai red curry paste, vegan
- 4 Cups Vegetable broth
- 1 Can(15oz.) Coconut cream or full fat coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon Agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons Soy sauce or gluten free Tamari
- 1 Yellow squash, sliced
- 1 Zucchini, sliced
- 6 Ounces Vermicelli, soaked according to package directions
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fried garlic(optional)*
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot on medium high.
- Add the shallots, garlic and ginger. Sauté, reducing heat as needed until the shallots are translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the baby potatoes, season with a pinch of salt and sauté for about 5 minutes to begin to cook them.
- Then add the curry paste and stir to combine, simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable broth into the pot and stir to combine everything. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium low and simmer the potatoes for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the coconut milk, agave and soy sauce. Stir to combine. Bring back to a simmer.
- Then, add the squash and zucchini. Simmer for just another 1-3 minutes to cook the squash and zucchini, but you still want it to be crisp.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve by adding the soaked vermicelli to bowls, then adding the soup on top and stirring around. Then put fried garlic on top if desired. Serve immediately.