This vegan creamy lemon basil corn pasta is the most summery of all pastas, and you probably won’t change my mind. Bright lemon, sweet corn and herby basil. The summer trifecta. All tossed with carbs and creamy sauce. What could be better, I ask you? Well, I’ll tell you. This is one of the fastest meals ever. It will get you out of the hot kitchen as quickly as possible. While somehow being one of the most incredible pasta dishes you’ve ever had.
The keys to making this extra great is to use fresh corn cut right off the cob. Then to get a nice sear on the corn to make it super sweet and juicy. Use super fresh basil right at the end so it just wilts slightly. Make sure the cream sauce is crazy smooth and flavorful. Absolutely add the lemon zest into the pasta at the end!
One of my favorite parts of my job is coming up with vegan comfort food no one has done before. Thinking of comfort food for the hot seasons when people don’t generally have that on their minds. Summer is always a challenge for me, but this pasta proves creamy pasta belongs in summer! It is light and fresh enough to work, but still so comforting for your belly!
This easy cream sauce is something that can be thrown together in a few minutes once the cashews have soaked. It is also one of my go to pasta sauce recipes. You can use this with so many other veggies. There really are many other delicious summer veggies that would work great with this sauce. Roasted tomatoes, zucchini and squash, shallots and spinach! They’d all be killer in this dish, but vegan creamy lemon basil corn pasta is totally magical and will be a permanent summer fixture!
Vegan Creamy Lemon Basil Corn Pasta
- 1 Cup Raw cashews, soaked*
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon juice, divided
- 2 Cloves Garlic, peeled
- 12 Ounces Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 3 Ears of Corn
- 1/3 Cup Fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Once the cashews have soaked, make the cashew cream sauce, drain them and add them to a blender.
- Then add the veggie broth, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Blend on high, scraping down the sides as needed until the sauce is super smooth. It may take a minute or 2. Set aside.
- Now cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut the kernels of corn off the cob. Then heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet on medium high. Then add the corn kernels and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Saute, reducing heat as needed, for 3-4 minutes or until the corn has browned slightly. Remove from heat.
- When the pasta is done, drain and return to the pot. Then pour in the cashew cream sauce you made. Toss to combine.
- Now add the corn, basil, remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, lemon zest and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to combine everything. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve!