These vegan creamy gochujang noodles with sesame kale are possibly the best choice for dinner right now. Kale is in season and goes super well with this pasta. The pasta is creamy, a little spicy, slightly sweet and salty, creamy and a little cheesy. The whole thing is totally wonderful, comforting and hard not to love. The entire recipe takes possibly 20 minutes and that is being pretty generous. Just cook the pasta and sauté kale while the pasta cooks. Then make an easy creamy gochujang sauce that is more flavorful than it has any right to be. Toss everything together and be ready to be very impressed.
What You Need For This Vegan Gochujang Pasta:
- Bucatini or Thick Spaghetti: I love to make this dish with bucatini or if you can’t find that, thick spaghetti is perfect!
- Kale: Any kind will do.
- Shallot and Garlic: To start the sauce.
- Gochujang, Veggie Broth, Vegan Heavy Cream: To make the sauce. I like to use Country Crock Plant Cream, but Silk will do or cashew cream.
- Vegan Parmesan: I used Follow Your Heart.
- Sesame Seeds, Sesame Oil, Soy Sauce and Agave: To make the sesame kale.
These vegan creamy gochujang noodles go super well with all kinds of protein too! Some crispy tofu, sautéed soy curls, roasted chickpeas or maybe baked tempeh. You really can’t go wrong. This meal is quick, easy, hearty and will warm you from the inside out. If you have never tried gochujang, now is definitely the time! I don’t think there is anyway you won’t want this pasta constantly.
Why Should You Make These Noods?
- It takes 20 minutes to make! Win.
- I’m not sure it gets anymore delicious than this.
- It is spicy and salty and sweet and everything good.
- Creamy. Pasta. Need I say more?
- This is fancy enough to serve at a dinner party, but easy enough for a quick weekday meal.
Vegan Creamy Gochujang Noodles
- 8 Ounces Bucatini or thick spaghetti
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Sesame seeds
- 1 Bunch Kale, chopped(about 4 cups)
- 1 Tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Agave syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Vegan butter(I used country crock plant butter)
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Gochujang paste
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Vegetable broth
- 1 Cup Vegan heavy whipping cream, I used Country Crock*
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Parmesan, I used Follow Your Heart
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- more Sesame seeds for topping
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain when al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the sesame oil on medium high in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add the sesame seeds and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add the kale and sauté, reducing heat as needed, until the kale has wilted. About 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the soy sauce and agave over the kale and then continue to sauté until the kale is tender. About 2 to 3 more minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings. Adding a pinch of salt and pepper if needed.
- Remove the kale from the skillet and put into a bowl. Set aside.
- Then in the same skillet, heat the olive oil and vegan butter on medium high.
- Once the vegan butter melts add the shallots and garlic. Sauté, reducing heat as needed, for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until the shallots are translucent.
- Then stir the gochujang into the skillet with the shallots and garlic.
- Next pour in the vegetable broth, starting with 1/4 cup and stir it into the gochujang.
- Let simmer for about 2 minutes, then pour in the vegan heavy cream and the vegan Parmesan, stir to combine everything.
- Season with a pinch of salt, then let the sauce simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. The sauce will thicken slightly. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Once the pasta is done, add the kale back to the skillet with the sauce and then add the pasta to the skillet and toss to coat the pasta in the sauce. If the sauce is too thick, add the remaining 1/4 cup of broth and toss again.
- Serve immediately with extra vegan parmesan and extra sesame seeds on top.