Broccoli tacos that are insanely addictive. Good thing broccoli is healthy.
Why am I calling these crack broccoli tacos? They are addictive AF. Crunchy baked broccoli, coated in a sweet, tangy, perfect BBQ sauce! Put the broccoli in a warm tortilla with greens, cilantro, drizzle with green goddess dressing or vegan ranch. Maybe some avocado? You won’t be able to stop eating them. Seriously. You may even find it very hard to not pop a bunch of little crack broccoli nuggets into your mouth while no one is looking!
These vegan crack broccoli tacos are super fast and easy, as any good taco should be. Panko crusted broccoli is quickly baked, and you can make the sauce for the broccoli as it bakes. These are very easy to customize, and taste amazing with a lot of different toppings. Mine are just suggestions, you can totally make this your own!
I love to drizzle the vegan green goddess dressing from Trader Joe’s over the top of them. It is a quick and delicious topping for when you really don’t feel like making your own. I have also topped them with vegan regular ranch dressing and vegan avocado ranch which is one of the best ideas ever!
One head of broccoli will make a lot of crack broccoli tacos, so you can share with friends and family, or just save them for yourself. Vegan crack broccoli tacos live up to their name. I promise, you will find yourself craving them in middle of the night.
Vegan Crack Broccoli Tacos
- 1 Head Broccoli (smallish)
- 1 C. Almond milk or other non dairy milk
- 2 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 C. All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 C. Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 C. BBQ sauce of choice
- 1/4 C. Brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- Vegan green goddess dressing, I used Trader Joe's
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Then cut the head of broccoli into small florets. Set aside.
- Now using 3 different small mixing bowls, add the almond milk and apple cider vinegar to one, whisk. Then the flour, salt and pepper to another, whisk. Then the panko to the third bowl.
- Next, take a broccoli floret. Dip into the almond milk mixture, into the flour, coat completely, shake off the access, then back into the almond milk, then into the panko. Coating completely in panko.
- Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray, then place the broccoli on the baking sheet. Repeat with all the broccoli, now spray the tops of the broccoli with more non stick spray.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until the broccoli is all nice and brown and crispy. Flip half way through the baking process.
- While the broccoli is baking, make the sauce. In a small sauce pan, heat the BBQ sauce, sugar, garlic powder and lime juice on medium low. Whisk together, bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and simmer for a minute until all the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Once the broccoli is done, toss the broccoli in the sauce coating completely. Then assemble the tacos. Broccoli, cilantro, cabbage, dressing all in a tortilla. Eat!!!