Vodka, pasta, vegan cheese, sign me up!
Here’s a toast to super quick, but totally delicious perfect for weeknight meals. So, let’s raise a glass to this vegan baked ziti alla vodka. An incredible vegan vodka sauce is mixed with ziti or penne and poured into a baking dish, then topped with vegan Mozzarella, then baked. It takes no time at all, and I feel pretty confidant this will go on your regular rotation.
Whether you are vegan, just want to add a few more vegan meals to your week, or happen to be lactose intolerant, this vegan baked ziti will satisfy anyone and everyone.
This vegan vodka sauce it the absolute best pasta sauce. The creaminess comes from coconut milk and nutritional yeast. I know, I know, you are are wondering if this vodka sauce tastes like coconut. I promise with all my heart it does not. It legit tastes like you used heavy cream and Parmesan.
I love baked pasta dishes, how about you? I love everything about them, but what I really love is the fact that if I need to, I can prep it ahead of time, put foil over it and place it in the fridge, then bake it when we are ready to eat. My kid even loves this stuff, and don’t worry, all the vodka gets cooked off when you are making the sauce, so it is safe for the littles to eat.
Vegan baked ziti alla vodka is praise worthy. It is creamy. It is bubbly hot. It is so flavorful. It is perfect.
Vegan Baked Ziti Alla Vodka
- 16 oz. Ziti or Penne
- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- 1 Shallot, chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 28 oz. Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 tsp. Tomato paste
- 1/3 C. Vodka
- 1/2 C. Coconut milk, full fat( I used Native forest coconut cream from Edward and Sons)
- 1/4 C. Nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp. Red Pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 C. Vegan Mozzarella style cheese, I used Trader Joe's brand
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Make sure it is al dente and not over cooked since you will be baking it.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the vegan vodka sauce. In a medium sized sauce pan, heat the olive oil on medium high. Add the chopped shallot and chopped garlic. Saute for a minute or so until the shallot becomes translucent.
- Now add the crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir to combine, and reduce heat to medium low. Now add the vodka and stir. Then simmer for 5-7 minutes to reduce the vodka and develop the flavors.
- Season with a little salt and pepper, then add the coconut milk and the nutritional yeast. Stir to combine.
- Add the red pepper flakes, then simmer for a few more minutes. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Turn off the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Once the sauce and pasta are done, toss the pasta and the sauce together.
- Next, pour half the pasta into a baking dish, top with half the vegan cheese, then pour the remaining pasta on top and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes until all the cheese is melty. Serve immediately.....perhaps with vegan garlic bread?